Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2020 Thread

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Nothing remotely exciting about the Jags picks, two players selected to fill holes left by the departed Ramsey and imminent trade of Ngakoue. Feel bad for Minshew, same poor O-line, same poor running back, same muddling TE group and one good WR. Need to see something special happen in Rounds 2,3 and 4 otherwise it’ll be another blow out season of humiliating losses.

Though on NFL Todaythey thought they’d picked strategically well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Relatively satisfied for the Giants, Thomas over some of the other choices was a little surprising, but then the ‘experts’ feel hthe is the safest bet and NFL ready.

Getting McKinney in round 2 is a steal. Peart in 3 was also a positive.

Hopefully Saquon will have a better season with a stronger o line.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Apropos of nothing:-

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
It’s a strange one, we only have one other RB on the roster, Ryquell Armstead, he hasn’t really shown much, certainly not enough to think he’d carry us for a season, also having failed to draft a RB I’m wondering what their plan was had Fournette been traded. It feels like they’ve tried to sort the defence this year but are intentionally neglecting the offence leading Minshew to almost certain failure and putting us in prime position for Trevor Lawrence. Having drafted Jake Luton late last night I’d say we’re definitely not looking at a vet QB like a Dalton now either. I think not getting trades for Fournette and Ngakoue has played into the front office’s hands, they can now ship them for 2021 picks which will give either more chips to trade up for Lawrence or should we achieve the #1 through our own failures they’ll have a handsome amount of picks to upgrade the offence to support their new asset.
Either way, another dreadful season is in store in Jacksonville.

Looking at some clips of James Robinson he looks like he could be a great pickup as an UDFA.

I suspect they'll trot Fournette out as the starter before eventually finding a taker in the middle of the season in exchange for a late round pick. I could see us adding a FA RB that gets cut before/during the season - maybe someone like Devontae Booker.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Though the Seahawks draft wasn’t particularly exciting, I always remember this assessment of the 2012 draft.

Seattle were ranked as having the poorest draft of all NFL teams, with a certain Russell Wilson dismissed as the worst pick of the lot...

59ffd2ec5139325fe5e60f05b9f368eb.jpg

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
More than happy with the Browns draft this year....really solid. Jedrick Wills should help shore up the left tackle spot, with Conklin on the right. DPJ is a good late round pick...he had some decent games for Michigan. Loved the Grant Delpit pick, he is a baller - and there will be immediate familiarity in the DB room with Greedy Williams also coming from LSU last year. It'll be interesting to see how Harrison Bryant transitions to the NFL. Not much love for him so far by "the experts", despite being the top College TE last year - winning the John Mackey Award. I watched a few of the FAU Owls games last year and he was impressive.

Streetlight

May 16, 2016
Seems kind of redundant being a one year contract. He won’t play much unless Brees gets injured but he’ll learn a lot I guess. Interesting he didn’t stick around for a starting position at another team although his stock prob a good dropped a lot last year given the interceptions.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Seems kind of redundant being a one year contract. He won’t play much unless Brees gets injured but he’ll learn a lot I guess. Interesting he didn’t stick around for a starting position at another team although his stock prob a good dropped a lot last year given the interceptions.

Arguably the only team that has a starting vacancy right now is the Patriots and Winston wouldn't fit in there. NO is a great landing spot for him; gets to learn from Brees and Payton, stay in the NFC South and potentially get reps if Brees gets an injury.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Apropos of nothing:-

I thought this was an interesting piece, some big figures if the Pack try and move Rodgers on

The timing of the split isn’t tricky to figure out unless Rodgers tries to preemptively force a move. All signs point to 2022. Trade Rodgers now, and it would trigger a $45.9m cap charge. Wait until 1 June, however, and that number drops to a more palatable $14m in 2020 with the rest of the money pushed to 2021.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/apr/27/aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers-nfl-draft-jordan-love

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

I can't think of an example of a top (especially #1) draft pick who's been a bust really re-invigorating their career at a new team, especially a QB. It seems to be a downward spiral usually.

Streetlight

May 16, 2016
I can't think of an example of a top (especially #1) draft pick who's been a bust really re-invigorating their career at a new team, especially a QB. It seems to be a downward spiral usually.

The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Carson Palmer. But then, he wasn’t a huge bust at Bengals (even had a good season at Raiders in between Bengals and Cardinals).

Only time will tell with Jameis.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Carson Palmer. But then, he wasn’t a huge bust at Bengals (even had a good season at Raiders in between Bengals and Cardinals).

Only time will tell with Jameis.

Yeah, he didn't set the world alight at Cincinnati, but he wasn't a disaster and had a fair few years. Although maybe you could say the same for Jamieis (not so much the number of years). He's not been an out and out failure.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Watching the NFL show on Sky last night they were discussing if the Bengals should keep Dalton to help mentor Burrow especially as pre-season might be shorter due to COVID...I guess the answer is no.

Streetlight

May 16, 2016
Seen whispers over the last week of Pats holding out for Dalton. Would make sense, good system QB with a decent arm that carried a woeful team. Be interesting to see how he would get on in NE with a decent trench in front of him and a HC who actually knows what they’re doing

Jul 7, 2003
Analysts seem to be insistent that Broncos are still looking for a QB. Rumours the other day about Aaron Rogers, now they are saying Dalton could be under consideration.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here