Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2020 Thread

P.S

Jun 23, 2011
Lancing
Nothing remotely exciting about the Jags picks, two players selected to fill holes left by the departed Ramsey and imminent trade of Ngakoue. Feel bad for Minshew, same poor O-line, same poor running back, same muddling TE group and one good WR. Need to see something special happen in Rounds 2,3 and 4 otherwise it’ll be another blow out season of humiliating losses.

I'm not sure what O-line talent is left but this is a deep drafte for WR and RB classes so there is hope for those tonight

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I'm not sure what O-line talent is left but this is a deep drafte for WR and RB classes so there is hope for those tonight

O-line we need to target Josh Jones or Ezra Cleveland, preferably Jones as he could start day 1, then Robinson can move to guard and AJ Cann can be left out lol. I’d be delighted with any RB from Swift, Dobbins, Akers or Taylor, WR we need to pick up Mimms, Shenault Jr or Tee Higgins, we also need a safety. If we can hit on 4 of the remaining 10 picks we might be good enough to go 6-10 again. We still desperately need a run stopping nose tackle too.

Streetlight

May 16, 2016
Great draft for Cardinals so far.
8 Isaiah Simmons LB
42 DeAndre Hopkins (sort of...) WR
72 Josh Jones T

Covered some gaps and additional weapons/protection for Kyler. Fantastic stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:D

Just load the wagon
Listening to an American pod yesterday, the host and guest were running through the possibilities for each sport.
Obvious the NFL coming off worse, so many players no social distancing etc.

They all but came to a natural conclusion of The NFL being in deep do-do until 'Cousin Sal' ended the segment with:-

'But the NFL doesn't care about it's players'. - True.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Lions get a good player D'Andre Swift, should gets some pounding yards for them.

Did'nt realise how poor their rushing has been since Saunders retired

Last edited:

Jul 7, 2003
Experts seems to think Broncos has drafted well. Lots of speed added to the offence.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Jags draft was pretty mundane. Hopefully we can grab some good UDFA's as they know they'll have a great chance at making the roster.

It’s a strange one, we didn’t make a single exciting pick, they were all ‘need’ based picks and focused heavily on defence, not quite sure we drafted so many CBs who are all undersized??? I’m also a bit baffled as to why we didn’t pick a RB when the franchise have made it abundantly clear they have no intention of moving forward with Fournette. Having said that, the experts seem to think we’ve had an outstanding draft and have corrected a lot of needs.
When all is said and done Todd Wash is still the DC and he’s utterly clueless so all these defensive additions are a bit pointless anyway :lol:

UDFA for Jaguars:

Tavien Feaster, RB, South Carolina
J.R. Reed, S, Georgia
Ben Ellefson, TE, NDSU
Ross Matiscik, LS, Baylor
Tre'Vour Wallace-Simms, OG, Missouri
Steve Nilesen, OG, Eastern Michigan
Asten Pleasants, OL, Ohio University
Nathan Cottrell, ST, Georgia Tech
Josh Hammond, WR, Florida
Luqman Barcoo, CB, SDSU
Nate Evans, LB, UCF
Kobe Williams, CB, ASU
Doug Costin, DE/DT, Miami (OH)
James Robinson, RB, Illinois State
Amari Henderson, CB, Wake Forest
Connor Slomka, RB/FB, Army
Marvelle Ross, WR/KR, Notre Dame
Brandon Wright, K/P, Georgia State

Last edited:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
It’s a strange one, we didn’t make a single exciting pick, they were all ‘need’ based picks and focused heavily on defence, not quite sure we drafted so many CBs who are all undersized??? I’m also a bit baffled as to why we didn’t pick a RB when the franchise have made it abundantly clear they have no intention of moving forward with Fournette. Having said that, the experts seem to think we’ve had an outstanding draft and have corrected a lot of needs.
When all is said and done Todd Wash is still the DC and he’s utterly clueless so all these defensive additions are a bit pointless anyway :lol:

UDFA for Jaguars:

Tavien Feaster, RB, South Carolina
J.R. Reed, S, Georgia
Ben Ellefson, TE, NDSU
Ross Matiscik, LS, Baylor
Tre'Vour Wallace-Simms, OG, Missouri
Steve Nilesen, OG, Eastern Michigan
Asten Pleasants, OL, Ohio University
Nathan Cottrell, ST, Georgia Tech
Josh Hammond, WR, Florida
Luqman Barcoo, CB, SDSU
Nate Evans, LB, UCF
Kobe Williams, CB, ASU
Doug Costin, DE/DT, Miami (OH)
James Robinson, RB, Illinois State
Amari Henderson, CB, Wake Forest
Connor Slomka, RB/FB, Army
Marvelle Ross, WR/KR, Notre Dame
Brandon Wright, K/P, Georgia State

Yes solid, I thought Fournette had gone.

Just checked they tried to trade him for a 4th round pick. He is guaranteed over ¢4 million whatever they decide to do.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Yes solid, I thought Fournette had gone.

Just checked they tried to trade him for a 4th round pick. He is guaranteed over ¢4 million whatever they decide to do.

It’s a strange one, we only have one other RB on the roster, Ryquell Armstead, he hasn’t really shown much, certainly not enough to think he’d carry us for a season, also having failed to draft a RB I’m wondering what their plan was had Fournette been traded. It feels like they’ve tried to sort the defence this year but are intentionally neglecting the offence leading Minshew to almost certain failure and putting us in prime position for Trevor Lawrence. Having drafted Jake Luton late last night I’d say we’re definitely not looking at a vet QB like a Dalton now either. I think not getting trades for Fournette and Ngakoue has played into the front office’s hands, they can now ship them for 2021 picks which will give either more chips to trade up for Lawrence or should we achieve the #1 through our own failures they’ll have a handsome amount of picks to upgrade the offence to support their new asset.
Either way, another dreadful season is in store in Jacksonville.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here