Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2020 Thread

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Just logged for the first time since August (I've lost almost all interest in soccer) to celebrate with you! Absolutely unbelievable. I didn't stay up for the game, but recorded it and watched it this morning. When we went 28-0 up I remember thinking "God this will be the most embarrassing defeat in our history when the Steelers claw this back" - and they didn't!

Winning season, play-offs, and a play-off road victory of the Steelers. Honestly, I never thought I'd live to see the day. Just hope we don't disgrace ourselves against the Chiefs and then we can say it's been a great season.

Here we go Brownies, here we go, Woof! Woof!

(And I'm going to claim some of the credit as I said on the 2019 NFL thread that I wanted both Stefanski as coach and Andrew Berry as GM!)

Stefanski has been amazing in his first season - really seems to have steadied the ship with the rest of the F.O. Will be good to have him back on the sidelines against KC hopefully.
Im not expecting much against the Chiefs tbh - our DBs leave far too much space open - and players like Tyreek Hill & Travis Kelce will exploit that even more than the Squealers did. As you say though, as long as we dont embarrass ourselves in the process, I will be really happy with how far weve come this year. I think we can move the ball offensively on Sunday, but the D will have to step up massively.
Until I saw the interview yesterday, I didn't realise that Mike Priefer was Cleveland born and raised. He was overcome with emotion after the win, which goes to show how much it means to the people of Browns town.

Last edited:

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
Stefanski has been amazing in his first season - really seems to have steadied the ship with the rest of the F.O. Will be good to have him back on the sidelines against KC hopefully.
Im not expecting much against the Chiefs tbh - our DBs leave far too much space open - and players like Tyreek Hill & Travis Kelce will exploit that even more than the Squealers did. As you say though, as long as we dont embarrass ourselves in the process, I will be really happy with how far weve come this year. I think we can move the ball offensively on Sunday, but the D will have to step up massively.
Until I saw the interview yesterday, I didn't realise that Mike Priefer was Cleveland born and raised. He was overcome with emotion after the win, which goes to show how much it means to the people of Browns town.

I'm holding out a little bit of hope. I definitely agree they can move the ball on offense, run game can keep Mahomes off the field, hopefully Denzel Ward and Kevin Johnson will be back in the defensive backfield. Excellent start time for us in the UK although I kind of wish it was the Sunday primetime game in the US as Baker thrives in those situations.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I'm holding out a little bit of hope. I definitely agree they can move the ball on offense, run game can keep Mahomes off the field, hopefully Denzel Ward and Kevin Johnson will be back in the defensive backfield. Excellent start time for us in the UK although I kind of wish it was the Sunday primetime game in the US as Baker thrives in those situations.

I didn't realise until last night that KC had the 31st ranked run defense this season, so that definitely gives us hope with Chubb & Hunt in full flow right now...Kareem Hunt has also said this one is personal, so he will be fired up more than ever. Like you say - run the ball, control the clock, and keep Mahomes off the field.

While Im not overly confident, I can see us giving them a hard game.

Bring on the weekend!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Looks like the Browns will be the healthiest they have been for a while this weekend.

Denzel Ward, Kevin Johnson, Joel Bitonio are all back - as well as Stefanski and Callahan on the sidelines.

Just seen that ex Brown, and current Chief OL Mitchell Schwartz is out though. Thats a big loss on their QB protection.

Jul 7, 2003
Urban Meyer to the Jags as Head Coach is looking like a done deal.

Given why he stopped coaching a couple of years ago, an interesting decision on both sides.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For the second time this season I role from the Albion into the Packers (via a Chinese takeaway).
This time I'm gonna have to swallow the SuperBowl and hope to start with a win.

I'm currently listening to Peter Schrager and he's talking me out of the Packers as the Rams know more about the Packers than the Packers do. :down:

Jul 7, 2003

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Well, don't put your mortgage on Lawrence - he talked about Justin Fields and Zach Wilson in this interview

https://www.nfl.com/news/urban-meyer-jaguars-job-attracted-him-because-team-is-primed-for-bright-future

I’m pretty confident, Albert Breer is very much in Meyer’s network...
67AAB57B-FB5D-444C-88D1-BF3595699FED.png

Also, you can buy a customised Jaguars jersey with any name and number combo you want apart from Lawrence #16 as it’s been blocked.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well I've had worse days in sports fandom.

Jul 7, 2003
Sad ending for the Ravens as Lamar misses most of the last quarter with a concussion. .

Bills fans strike again - sending over £150k to a charity Lamar supported while he was in college over the last day or so. Not the first time they have done this. Donated to Andy Dalton's charity and also to the hospital who cared for Josh Allen's grandmother when she passed away - in that one, they raised so much there is a new wing named after her!

Great fans!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hopefully Mahomes is ok.

Looked like a boxer who'd been KOd but the potential turf toe might be a bigger long term concern.

Can only echo your sentiments as everyone wants to see Brady v Mahomes in the Super Bowl, right? :whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here