Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2020 Thread

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
NFC North is suddenly looking a bit tasty after last nights result.

Packers still leading the way, but haven't looked entirely convincing in a couple of games.
Bears lose 4 in a row, and now lose Foles to a potential long term injury...with Trubisky not ready to return either.
Vikings win 3 in a row, and put themselves back in the mix with solid D and an offense starting to click.
Lions going steady at 4-5, with a running game thats starting to pay dividends, & Swift finding his feet.

All to play for I reckon.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Packers still leading the way, but haven't looked entirely convincing in a couple of games.
Bears lose 4 in a row, and now lose Foles to a potential long term injury...with Trubisky not ready to return either.
Vikings win 3 in a row, and put themselves back in the mix with solid D and an offense starting to click.
Lions going steady at 4-5, with a running game thats starting to pay dividends, & Swift finding his feet.

The Vikings’ next 3 games are Cowboys, Panthers and Jaguars. They could easily go 7-5 with the Bears and Lions still to play too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
All I'm hearing is 'are the carebears the worst 4-1 team ever'.
Along with 'definitely gonna finish bottom of the north'.

If only someone could have seen that coming...

... oh wait, what's this:-

All I'm hearing is 'are the carebears the worst 4-1 team ever'.
Along with 'definitely gonna finish bottom of the north'.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
genius....:bowdown::rolleyes::shrug:

In fairness, I think most football fans could see the Bears would hit a rocky patch & arent as good as they started....and also that the Vikes would begin to come good. Far too talented to stay in the basement.
It was just a matter of when...

But you take the plaudits Stat.... :thumbsup:

BHAFC97

Jul 28, 2020
Eastbourne
Great win for the Seahawks! Was good to see the defense step up and make some plays. Carlos Dunlap with a great sack on Murray to seal the win.

It sets the Seahawks up nicely with 6 very winnable remaining games (Eagles, Giants, Jets, Washington, Rams, 49ers)

Also, any fans of college football will know the name Bo Scarbrough so was good to see him get some carries last night

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Much needed improvement from Seattle lat night (or 5:20am here, to be precise).

The defense was hugely improved, Russell calmed down and we had a decent run game for once.

Cardinals hung in there, but it always felt like we were the better team.

Lot of big penalty calls though, for both teams. Never great when a game feels overly affected by yellow flags.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Great win for the Seahawks! Was good to see the defense step up and make some plays. Carlos Dunlap with a great sack on Murray to seal the win.

It sets the Seahawks up nicely with 6 very winnable remaining games (Eagles, Giants, Jets, Washington, Rams, 49ers)

Also, any fans of college football will know the name Bo Scarbrough so was good to see him get some carries last night
Teams shouldn't get a full 'w' if it's against an NFC lEast side.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bloody Chiefs sneak over the line :angry::angry:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Strange old night in the NFL...The Packers & Vikings losing,Tua benched already, Burrow done for a while (horrible knee pop / ACL) the Panthers beat Detroit with an XFL QB, & the Browns keep winning. Its a weird old year.

Terrible week for my Pick 'ems too...only got 5 correct!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Strange old night in the NFL...The Packers & Vikings losing,Tua benched already, Burrow done for a while (horrible knee pop / ACL) the Panthers beat Detroit with an XFL QB, & the Browns keep winning. Its a weird old year.

Terrible week for my Pick 'ems too...only got 5 correct!

I was pretty gutted about the Packers handing the Colts the win but as the Viqueens couldn't even beat the Cowgirls and the Kittens got shut out it wasn't so bad after all.

Good to get them nice and angry for the carebears, up next.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
America is really hurting right now.

Lions v Texans.

The American equivalent of Newcastle v palace.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
A very Happy Thanksgiving to you all on NSC from this happy Texans fan.

A Pick 6 for JJ and Fuller's 2nd TD cooked the Lions' goose / turkey.

And in DW4, the Texans have a genuine talent.

Only 4-7, but Romeo's getting the results.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Oh what a night. Washington for the second time this season beat the crap out of Dallas and McCarthy calls himself into a firing. So sweet.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Oh what a night. Washington for the second time this season beat the crap out of Dallas and McCarthy calls himself into a firing. So sweet.

Been a tough week for Dallas though. Their fitness coach died after an ‘emergency incident’ during training with the players - must have affected many of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Been a tough week for Dallas though. Their fitness coach died after an ‘emergency incident’ during training with the players - must have affected many of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, very sad news for the Cowboys. Markus Paul a former team mate of Ron Rivera too.

Fair to say the Broncos - Saints game has become more intriguing after what's transpired in the last 24 hours.

- 3rd string QB Jeff Driskel tested positive for COVID. Drew Lock and Blake Bortles both deemed high risk close contacts and reported to have not worn masks near Driskel in practice. All three ruled out today, meaning Denver don't have a recognised QB on the active roster for today's game.

- Initially reported that RB Royce Freeman would QB them today, now looks like it'll be undrafted rookie practice squad WR Kendall Hinton - who played as a backup QB in college - will be starting under centre

- Broncos also reportedly asked if they could play one of their assistant coaches, who played QB at College, however they said no.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fair to say the Broncos - Saints game has become more intriguing after what's transpired in the last 24 hours.

- 3rd string QB Jeff Driskel tested positive for COVID. Drew Lock and Blake Bortles both deemed high risk close contacts and reported to have not worn masks near Driskel in practice. All three ruled out today, meaning Denver don't have a recognised QB on the active roster for today's game.

- Initially reported that RB Royce Freeman would QB them today, now looks like it'll be undrafted rookie practice squad WR Kendall Hinton - who played as a backup QB in college - will be starting under centre

- Broncos also reportedly asked if they could play one of their assistant coaches, who played QB at College, however they said no.

I bet Kendall ends with a better QB rating than whoever the Carebears trot out on Monday.

#FamousLastWords.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:lolol:

[tweet]1332827872533377032[/tweet]

Must be a bet.

I bet Kendall ends with a better QB rating than whoever the Carebears trot out on Monday.

#FamousLastWords.

I am actually taking the highly unnecessary yet bold decision in one of my fantasy leagues (Not the NSC one) to start Hinton. All platforms bar ESPN have him registered as a WR, which means his floor playing at QB is bumped up. I know he'll probably throw a pick or two, but seeing a short clip on twitter he does like to run with the ball, so hoping he gets a chance in the redzone to rush for a score!

It's more interesting than starting Sterling Shephard this week in fairness, and I already have a big lead thanks to Will Fuller on Thanksgiving.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here