Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2020 Thread

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Correctly pointed out by [MENTION=1272]bhafc99[/MENTION] , a new thread was in order.

Draft Day. Who are we hoping for, what are your key weaknesses that need addressing?
My dear old Jags only have a small shopping list, we need CB x2, FS, SS, RB, DE, DT, G, WR x2, LT and probably a TE. With 12 picks hopefully we can address some of those needs.
It sounds as though Yannick Ngakoue might be off to the Raiders or Giants, fingers crossed for another first round pick.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Our pass rush.

Whether or not Jadeveon Clowney resigns remains the biggest issue there for Seattle, but overall we're not really a draft-focused team. Trades and free agency seem to be the main focus, plus an attitude of drafting a bank of lower-round players with the aim that one or two might grow into first-teamers in time.

I'm not expecting much activity, and certainly no star picks. As in previous years, Schneider will likely trade down our early round picks to get volume in later rounds. We might not even pick anyone tonight.

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
Quite excited for my Colts this year. Also with little prospect of normal football that glorious Redzone intro music come 6pm on a Sunday could become ever more sweet!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Quite excited for my Colts this year. Also with little prospect of normal football that glorious Redzone intro music come 6pm on a Sunday could become ever more sweet!

Trey Burton should be a good addition, I think the AFC South will be competitive this year, not including my sorry Jaguars. I could see Tennessee topping it, with the Colts beating out the Texans for 2nd.

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
Trey Burton should be a good addition, I think the AFC South will be competitive this year, not including my sorry Jaguars. I could see Tennessee topping it, with the Colts beating out the Texans for 2nd.

We've made some pretty smart offseason moves. And yes I agree re AFC South. Last season was so disappointing compared to what it could have been; Luck retiring and a string of injuries was a hammer blow

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What am I hoping for? The season to start on time.

What do the Bears need? Not to ping field goals off the uprights.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Looking forward to seeing the Skins pick Chase Young tonight. It's great to have the distraction of an actual bit of sporting 'action' to delve into.

Hoping for Trent Williams to get traded to help us get back into the 2nd round, either directly or via picks which can be packaged into a trade up.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
DarrenFreemansPerm;93238 16 said:

So my Texans make arguably the worst trade in history by essentially giving away DeAndre Hopkins...and we're still going to finish above the Jags?

Welcome back, AFC South. :thumbsup: :lolol:

It's a shame we can't draft a new Head Coach / General Manager / Teaboy / Mascot to replace Bill O'Brien.

But that wouldn't work because somehow we're not in the 1st round...again.

Position-wise, we'd benefit from a safety, defensive linesman and a pass rusher. But I'd probably trade one of those to have JJ fit and healthy for the whole season.

Anyway, Happy Draft Day everyone! :cheers: Here's hoping that we all end up with one of these 6th rounders at some point.

Some great childhood clips of the backup QB for a team that was 0-8. There's hope for us all... :smile:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
So my Texans make arguably the worst trade in history by essentially giving away DeAndre Hopkins...and we're still going to finish above the Jags?

Welcome back, AFC South. :thumbsup: :lolol:

It's a shame we can't draft a new Head Coach / General Manager / Teaboy / Mascot to replace Bill O'Brien.

But that wouldn't work because somehow we're not in the 1st round...again.

Position-wise, we'd benefit from a safety, defensive linesman and a pass rusher. But I'd probably trade one of those to have JJ fit and healthy for the whole season.

Anyway, Happy Draft Day everyone! :cheers: Here's hoping that we all end up with one of these 6th rounders at some point.

Some great childhood clips of the backup QB for a team that was 0-8. There's hope for us all... :smile:

You know full well that the Jags roster is entirely bereft of talent. You’ve lost your All Pro receiver, the Jags lost All Pro Calais Campbell, All Pro Jalen Ramsey, Pro Bowl CB AJ Bouye, Pro Bowl DE Ngakoue wants out. We’ve got a 6th round QB, 30th ranked O-line, a misfit D-line, no corner backs and no safety. Joe Schoebert was a good addition though.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Bills for me - no top round draft pick due to the Stephon Diggs trade, but that was good business in a year that we're hoping on going a long way.

Realistically drafting for depth.

Strange draft under the circumstances - will these guys get their rookie year? Will some of their college teammates be drafted next year without having played any more games?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
You know full well that the Jags roster is entirely bereft of talent. You’ve lost your All Pro receiver, the Jags lost All Pro Calais Campbell, All Pro Jalen Ramsey, Pro Bowl CB AJ Bouye, Pro Bowl DE Ngakoue wants out. We’ve got a 6th round QB, 30th ranked O-line, a misfit D-line, no corner backs and no safety. Joe Schoebert was a good addition though.

Yes, that's fair enough.

Let's hope the Jags can pick up a couple of gems at #9 and #20 in a few hours time and start the rebuilding process afresh.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Yes, that's fair enough.

Let's hope the Jags can pick up a couple of gems at #9 and #20 in a few hours time and start the rebuilding process afresh.

I’m hoping we trade Ngakoue for a first round pick, trade up with the Lions and get Okudah.

Edit. Just been reported that Jags GM, Dave Caldwell, has been on the phone to Bob Quinn, GM of the Lions... please get Okudah, please.

Jul 7, 2003
Will try to stay awake long enough to see if the Broncos have to trade up.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Nothing remotely exciting about the Jags picks, two players selected to fill holes left by the departed Ramsey and imminent trade of Ngakoue. Feel bad for Minshew, same poor O-line, same poor running back, same muddling TE group and one good WR. Need to see something special happen in Rounds 2,3 and 4 otherwise it’ll be another blow out season of humiliating losses.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Packers get a first round QB. :ohmy:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are you excited to see what he can do in 2022?
Fingers crossed he'll have one 7 TD game.
Then we can offload him to one of the know nothing teams.
While Aaron carries on singlehandedly beating The Care Bears, for another 15 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here