Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2020 Thread

Jul 7, 2003
Fair to say the Broncos - Saints game has become more intriguing after what's transpired in the last 24 hours.

- 3rd string QB Jeff Driskel tested positive for COVID. Drew Lock and Blake Bortles both deemed high risk close contacts and reported to have not worn masks near Driskel in practice. All three ruled out today, meaning Denver don't have a recognised QB on the active roster for today's game.

- Initially reported that RB Royce Freeman would QB them today, now looks like it'll be undrafted rookie practice squad WR Kendall Hinton - who played as a backup QB in college - will be starting under centre

- Broncos also reportedly asked if they could play one of their assistant coaches, who played QB at College, however they said no.

Surprised we didn't ask if Elway could play. He couldn't do worse than most of those he has picked since Manning retired. Hinton's last game at QB was against Clemson where he went 14-of-30 for 203 yards, two TDs and zero interceptions, and added 92 rushing yards on 24 carries in a 28-14 loss. I'll guess this is the first time he has ever played under centre though so could lead to some interesting play calling tonight - especially if we put Freeman in the backfield next to him which would open up some wildcat options.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Vegas Raiders shat on by the Falcons big time - ouch

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wow I wasn't expecting that.

They've just announced The Carebears have been traded to the NFC East.

Makes sense.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Fair to say the Broncos - Saints game has become more intriguing after what's transpired in the last 24 hours.

- 3rd string QB Jeff Driskel tested positive for COVID. Drew Lock and Blake Bortles both deemed high risk close contacts and reported to have not worn masks near Driskel in practice. All three ruled out today, meaning Denver don't have a recognised QB on the active roster for today's game.

- Initially reported that RB Royce Freeman would QB them today, now looks like it'll be undrafted rookie practice squad WR Kendall Hinton - who played as a backup QB in college - will be starting under centre

- Broncos also reportedly asked if they could play one of their assistant coaches, who played QB at College, however they said no.

Unsurprisingly Denver were steamrollered, managing a total of one completed pass all game.

I get that they broke Covid protocols and don't necessarily deserve 'sympathy', but there also comes a point where you have to question the integrity of letting this game go ahead.

Jul 7, 2003
Vegas Raiders shat on by the Falcons big time - ouch

You lost even more heavily than we did and we didn't have any QBs. Then again, the way Carr played, not sure you did either.

At least Hinton still doesn't have the worst QB performance - he still got 9 more yards than Ryan Leaf did for the Chargers (and Leaf was a Heisman Trophy winner and number 2 draft pick).

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Unexciting Monday Night win for Seattle. We'll take that, wasn't the best game but the W is what matters.

And wow the Eagles are poor. 4 yards offense on their first 5 possessions! NFC East truly is a shitshow.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I keep forgetting to mention.

Rodgers on Sunday night.

0 sacks
0 Hurries.

The carebears 'we don't care about QB's, we only care about D-Fence' didn't lay a single finger on Aaron all night.

Joke.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Unsurprisingly Denver were steamrollered, managing a total of one completed pass all game.

I get that they broke Covid protocols and don't necessarily deserve 'sympathy', but there also comes a point where you have to question the integrity of letting this game go ahead.

I found this an incredible decision and felt Denver did what they did to highlight how ridiculous it was. It would be like making Newcastle play the game v Villa with their U18 team.

It gave the Saints a bye and free win. It just devalues the NFL brand.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I found this an incredible decision and felt Denver did what they did to highlight how ridiculous it was. It would be like making Newcastle play the game v Villa with their U18 team.

Perhaps Denver also highlighted how ridiculous it is to have all your QB's playing maskless kissy kissy.

Jul 7, 2003

The alternative was to forfeit the game - NFL wouldn't let them postpone. At least it gave people something to watch (and kept the TV companies happy).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The eagles playing more like the pigeons this season

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The alternative was to forfeit the game - NFL wouldn't let them postpone. At least it gave people something to watch (and kept the TV companies happy).

They wouldn't let them postpone because it was entirely self inflicted.

It turns out the NFL have 101 protocols in place.

No face to face meetings.
No meetings indoors.
No close contact.
Masks to worn.

Denver skirted around all of them and paid the price.

The NFL have track and trace monitors on all players.
They also check the strain of the virus so they know all the QB's caught it off each other, instead of having slightly different strain.

Jul 7, 2003
...and now that the Bronco has well and truly bolted, the team have decided to keep Blake Bortles away from the facility to avoid being in this situation again.

Looking forward to getting up tomorrow and watching the Steelers 'game in 40' as an extra midweek treat on GamePass

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I keep forgetting to mention.

Rodgers on Sunday night.

0 sacks
0 Hurries.

The carebears 'we don't care about QB's, we only care about D-Fence' didn't lay a single finger on Aaron all night.

Joke.

I'm not sure we don't care about QBs. We just don't posses a good one. The question right now isn't "will we make a wildcard" but "how did we ever rack up those 5 wins?".

This lays all of the failings, erm, bear, in a few hundred words. And, yes, I agree, we need to lose lots to draft someone who can actually throw.

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2020...ks-the-question-all-bears-fans-want-answered/

Still, looking back on this thread from the start of the season it's definitely the hope that kills you.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:lolol::lolol::clap::O:D:lolol::lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here