Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Does your dog enjoy cat poo?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Every dog I’ve ever had has delighted in eating any cat poo they come across, in fact they go looking for it.. We have so many cats in our neighbourhood and it has proved impossible to stop them crapping in the garden. Our five month old puppy has recently discovered this disgusting habit. Comes in jumps on me and stinks

Apart from shooting every cat I see in the garden is there anyway to stop this disgusting behaviour?

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
NO it's utterly disgusting. The farms cats come over regularly to eat our mice, thanks cats, but leave awful cards which both dogs ignore. However, our Spaniel, the wife's dog, eats either of our dogs poo. Obviously my ruggedly handsome Beagle x jack Russell wouldn't stoop so low.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Every dog I’ve ever had has delighted in eating any cat poo they come across, in fact they go looking for it.. We have so many cats in our neighbourhood and it has proved impossible to stop them crapping in the garden. Our five month old puppy has recently discovered this disgusting habit. Comes in jumps on me and stinks

Apart from shooting every cat I see in the garden is there anyway to stop this disgusting behaviour?

Just do the neighbourly thing, check your garden for pussy poo, then hoy it over your fence into offending cats garden.

Binney on acid

NSC Patreon
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Before our dog died, (which incidentally was one of the happiest events of my life, Up there with the Renielt goal at Edgar street), our dog, 'Porky the incontinent wonder dog', used to delight in rolling in fox crap. She'd puke up in the garden, and then eat her own vomit. They really are revolting creatures. Even in my drunken, lecherous student days, I never attempted this! A combination of barbed wire and mines laid in your garden might dissuade any neighbouring cats from visiting your garden, but I would recommend that you keep a record of exactly where the mines are located. Another good idea is to have a swimming pool installed in the garden that covers entire area. That might also dissuade cats from pooing in your garden. I hope that this helps.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Good God, l'm surprised at you asking such a disgusting question!

This lockdown must be really getting to you. :rolleyes:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Not eaten cat shit, when he was younger he used to love rolling in fox crap.

Ours is 14 and still does that! Also been known to eat her own poo.

The rankest though was when the cat threw up, and I went to get some cleaning stuff only to return and find the dog had eaten that too :sick:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I think dogs generally split poo into three categories. A, Poo they roll in. B, Poo they eat. And C, poo they roll in and then eat.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming

Not a bad shout,it might work BUT,may I caution you, my ex-girlfriend and I used to have 2 lurchers and 2 cats and suffered the same revolting poo eating episodes(from the dogs obviously) It stopped the shit eating but,somehow, one of the dogs managed to eat a squirrel he'd cornered by beating it to death with the muzzle on and then "sucking" the pulpy mess through the grille of the muzzle! I've strayed a bit off-topic here haven't I?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Not a bad shout,it might work BUT,may I caution you, my ex-girlfriend and I used to have 2 lurchers and 2 cats and suffered the same revolting poo eating episodes(from the dogs obviously) It stopped the shit eating but,somehow, one of the dogs managed to eat a squirrel he'd cornered by beating it to death with the muzzle on and then "sucking" the pulpy mess through the grille of the muzzle! I've strayed a bit off-topic here haven't I?

:lolol::lolol:
Sorry I'm laughing about the "sucking" the pulpy mess, not the dead squirrel. I was also thinking this could happen with cats poo :ohmy: so definitely on-topic.

A friend of mine was looking after a lovely Labrador, when being walked the dog had to wear a muzzle, I asked my friend if the dog was aggressive, which I thought was unusual for a Lab, no the dog ate any poo it spotted on a walk if not wearing a muzzle.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
:lolol::lolol:
Sorry I'm laughing about the "sucking" the pulpy mess, not the dead squirrel. I was also thinking this could happen with cats poo :ohmy: so definitely on-topic.

A friend of mine was looking after a lovely Labrador, when being walked the dog had to wear a muzzle, I asked my friend if the dog was aggressive, which I thought was unusual for a Lab, no the dog ate any poo it spotted on a walk if not wearing a muzzle.

Lurchers are brilliant,gentle (to humans and cats) dogs but they are an effing nuisance with some other things.If it runs they will chase it down,I believe they're known as "sight hounds". The reason for the muzzles initially was one of the buggers,pre-muzzle, chased down,caught,killed and then proceeded to almost rip to shreds a deer. I struggle to go to Newlands Corner to this very day!

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
This has been like a 'Kevin' (aka Harry Enfield) moment to me. Thinking our experiences over the years were unique, I can now relax and sleep well at night knowing that I am not alone. Rolling, eating: cat/rabbit/dog - been there. Newest dog (18 months old) now follows bigger, older one outside so that he can eat it warm and fresh. Blame the owners,

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here