Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Plant Identifier app

Nostalgia2

Banned
Nov 27, 2019
Any recommendations for an easy to use free Plant identifier app, trying to identify some plants and shrubs.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
PlantNET and similarly BirdNET are very good.

Just tried PlantNET. I knew the plants I asked it to identify but the app only gave limited success. It couldn't identify a Silver Birch. The Phormium was identified as such, but not the variety. It gave me several to choose from, but you need the exact one you're trying to identify? Of course, you would normally only use this app if you didn't know what your plant was. Trouble is, you don't know if the results you get are correct. I'm sure it's helpful to a degree, but you won't do better than asking NSC.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
You can use Google Lens for most plants (within reason) - just take a picture and it'll match it to Google's massive library of pictures and come back with best guesses.

Not just plants - it works on loads of other items too, plus text translation.

Available on Android and iPhones - https://lens.google.com/

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
You can use Google Lens for most plants (within reason) - just take a picture and it'll match it to Google's massive library of pictures and come back with best guesses.

Not just plants - it works on loads of other items too, plus text translation.

Available on Android and iPhones - https://lens.google.com/

I'm not sure I trust Google Lense much, on stuff I've tested it with it's been mostly wrong. Unless a rare Canadian bird of prey has started a colony by Pell's Pool in Lewes and no-one realised

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Just put a pic on NSC.

We have experts on the EU, global finance, pandemics and viruses, popular music, fillums, toilet rolls.

Some even do the lot. :thumbsup:

We so need a biscuit expert to take control though. Last week I overheard a women telling her kids that the stores own digestives were the very best out there. It’s hard to keep quiet after that.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
I use Plantsnap which is very good. I use a paid version but the free one is fine for identifying.

Basically you take a snap on the phone, open the app and it the identifies and gives you loads of info. Rarely let's me down.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here