Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Gigs / Concerts you're going to miss in 2020

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Reading an interesting article from one of the Sunday papers about the likelihood of most if not all large scale music events being cancelled or delayed for the rest of 2020, and knowing that many NSC'ers are keen music fans I was wondering what gigs you had planned that you're going to miss this year?

Behind the Albion my main passion has always been gig going (usually 20 to 30 gigs a year) and having checked my diary I am likely to miss the following :

Pearl Jam
The Eagles
Foals
Gabrielle Aplin
Elbow
Texas
Michael Kiwanuka
Paul Weller
Thw Wedding Present
The Stranglers
Nick Mason

Most will be rescheduled but what gigs did you have planned you're going to miss?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Reading an interesting article from one of the Sunday papers about the likelihood of most if not all large scale music events being cancelled or delayed for the rest of 2020, and knowing that many NSC'ers are keen music fans I was wondering what gigs you had planned that you're going to miss this year?

Behind the Albion my main passion has always been gig going (usually 20 to 30 gigs a year) and having checked my diary I am likely to miss the following :

Pearl Jam
The Eagles
Foals
Gabrielle Aplin
Elbow
Texas
Michael Kiwanuka
Paul Weller
Thw Wedding Present
The Stranglers
Nick Mason

Most will be rescheduled but what gigs did you have planned you're going to miss?

Pearl Jam
Taylor Swift
Slipknot
Stormzy
The Wedding Present
BTS

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Anvil
Parkway Drive
Saxon
Taylor Swift
Phil Campbell
Amy Wadge
All so far either postponed or cancelled,

In addition I’m guessing that Guns ‘n Roses in May and Doomsday Fest In June will be cancelled too.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
So far

Guns n Roses (will be cancelled shortly)
Download Festival
Nick Mason (rescheduled for October).

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Have already missed
Stiff Little Fingers

will miss

Glastonbury
The Eagles

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
So far...

Beach Riot
Lady Bird
Foals

Martin Rossiter rescheduled for October so hopefully still good for 2020 but who knows?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Joe Bonamassa in Brighton this Saturday.

I was going to manage to get down there after the Man City game only for that to be moved to tea time.

Little did I know I would miss both :ohmy:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Luckily saw Half Man Half Biscuit in Bristol a week before lock-down kicked in!

Gigs I've got tickets for:

Killing Joke (Bristol - June)
Blancmange (Bristol - October)
Sparks (Amsterdam - October)

Really hoping that the October gigs will go ahead, but know I'm probably being over-optimistic.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Luckily saw Half Man Half Biscuit in Bristol a week before lock-down kicked in!

Gigs I've got tickets for:

Killing Joke (Bristol - June)
Blancmange (Bristol - October)
Sparks (Amsterdam - October)

Really hoping that the October gigs will go ahead, but know I'm probably being over-optimistic.

Yeah - some of my April gigs have been moved to October but without trying to be negative I can't see any event with more than a few hundred in attendance likely to go ahead until next year. That was the gist of the article I was reading. Will be gutted if not only I'll lose the chance to go to the footy again in 2020 but the gigs as well - my 2 main passions (after ther wife obviously...)

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Only had the one gig planned for early in the year - Jeff Beck at the Albert Hall at the end of May - as I was due to go into hospital for a hip operation in late March. The operation was, obviously, postponed but I've heard nothing about the concert.
I've got a festival planned for late August and am hoping that that will go ahead.

EDIT : Now checked and it's been postponed

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Only had the one gig planned for early in the year - Jeff Beck at the Albert Hall at the end of May - as I was due to go into hospital for a hip operation in late March. The operation was, obviously, postponed but I've heard nothing about the concert.
I've got a festival planned for late August and am hoping that that will go ahead.

A bit way off for us, but Jools Holland at the RAH in November, will hopefully still go ahead.....

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Yeah - some of my April gigs have been moved to October but without trying to be negative I can't see any event with more than a few hundred in attendance likely to go ahead until next year. That was the gist of the article I was reading. Will be gutted if not only I'll lose the chance to go to the footy again in 2020 but the gigs as well - my 2 main passions (after ther wife obviously...)

A kindred spirit - footie and gigs are my two main interests, along with reading novels. Still go to gigs by bands I first saw in the 1980s - Wedding Present, Stranglers, Wire, Chameleons, Blancmange, Nick Cave, Sparks, Half Man Half Biscuit, Killing Joke - many of them are as good, if not better, now than they were in their early days.

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
A kindred spirit - footie and gigs are my two main interests, along with reading novels. Still go to gigs by bands I first saw in the 1980s - Wedding Present, Stranglers, Wire, Chameleons, Blancmange, Nick Cave, Sparks, Half Man half Biscuit, Killing Joke - many of them are as good, if not better, now than they were in their early days.

I'd suggest that Killing Joke are most certainly better now than they were then. Their show at the Concord II a couple of years back could well be my favourite ever gig.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I assume Buble at the cricket ground is off?

Mrs had VIP tickets with her mates. I was very much looking forward to a quiet night in nowhere near Buble :rant:

Was hoping to break my Great Escape duck this year. Never quite organised it

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Not been officially cancelled yet, but I can't see Hastings Reggae Festival going ahead on August 1st

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'd suggest that Killing Joke are most certainly better now than they were then. Their show at the Concord II a couple of years back could well be my favourite ever gig.

Wow.

I've seen them a couple of times, most recently about ten years ago. They are better when Jaz sings rather than growls, in my opinion. If he's gone back to singing . . . .

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Some of the gigs being re arrange for the end of the year seem a bit optermistic.

That fat boy slim gig for the NHS staff in October for instance seems a bit soon for a big gathering?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here