Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
You have absolutely no idea how much Leeds are going to throw at their squad, so you can’t be sure they can’t afford him.

If they are sensible then no they certainly can’t afford him but this is the MIGHTY Leeds, who may even surpass Fulham and Villa in their spending to rebuild their squad of loanees, old men and Championship quality players

Leeds spent £0.00 on transfer fees in the last two transfer windows. And are in profit by £24m over four transfer windows. What makes you think they will spunk money about like the idiots in charge at Villa and Fulham? There is no evidence of them, under this ownership, behaving that way.

Expect entitled Leeds fans to get really upset when they are closer to doing a 'Norwich' than a 'Fulham/Villa'.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Leeds spent £0.00 on transfer fees in the last two transfer windows. And are in profit by £24m over four transfer windows. What makes you think they will spunk money about like the idiots in charge at Villa and Fulham? There is no evidence of them, under this ownership, behaving that way.

Expect entitled Leeds fans to get really upset when they are closer to doing a 'Norwich' than a 'Fulham/Villa'.

Oh please let them try and rebuild without spending much, how much fun will that be to monitor over the season? :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Lolol. Whether he stays or goes, that chap is simply deluded to compare putting a rookie defender out in the championship against the premier league. I hope he gets a nasty shock.

I’ve seen several comments about how Brighton didn’t know what a talented player we had, just sent him out on loan because we thought he wasn’t good enough, and Bielsa has developed him.
Many of them don’t realise the loan system is for experience rather than development. By pointing out White got POTS at Newport two years ago has shut a few of them up. There are many more who still bleat that White has declared undying love for Leeds for evermore. :facepalm:

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
David Weir and John Morling would have been speaking to Ben White every week throughout the season talking about his development and performance, as they did when he was at Newport and Peterborough. He knows the situation and will be back with us for pre-season. I don't understand how some our fans seem to think he's off? Leeds' history means absolutely nothing, the reality is they're a newly promoted team and will be a direct relegation rival to us. They have been below the Premier League for 16 years and have also spent time in League One so actually their stature in the game currently is pretty similar to ours.

Of course every player has their price but the current owners at Leeds seem a lot more sensible than some of their previous ones so can't see them spending £35-40M on one player in their first season in the Premier League, they'll be much better off spending that money in other areas of the team that will need improving and they'll know that.

I was gutted when they took Bradley Johnson back from his loan with us and see him back in their first team so it'll be nice for us to be able to give them a dose of their own medicine.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
David Weir and John Morling would have been speaking to Ben White every week throughout the season talking about his development and performance, as they did when he was at Newport and Peterborough. He knows the situation and will be back with us for pre-season. I don't understand how some our fans seem to think he's off? Leeds' history means absolutely nothing, the reality is they're a newly promoted team and will be a direct relegation rival to us. They have been below the Premier League for 16 years and have also spent time in League One so actually their stature in the game currently is pretty similar to ours.

Of course every player has their price but the current owners at Leeds seem a lot more sensible than some of their previous ones so can't see them spending £35-40M on one player in their first season in the Premier League, they'll be much better off spending that money in other areas of the team that will need improving and they'll know that.

I was gutted when they took Bradley Johnson back from his loan with us and see him back in their first team so it'll be nice for us to be able to give them a dose of their own medicine.

I was told last night that they will be getting 100's of millions in sponsorship due to their superior situation to every other team, ever. I'm sure they can get good money but their deluded ideas know no bounds.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Duffy is probably the best purely defensive player we have, or at least as good as Dunk; however, the only time I can remember Potter starting Duffy in preference to Webster was the home game against Muff. White is far more of a Potter type player.

i think we should have a plan b which is n't just plan a with different personnel.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I was told last night that they will be getting 100's of millions in sponsorship due to their superior situation to every other team, ever. I'm sure they can get good money but their deluded ideas know no bounds.

They also see themselves as an irresistible investment opportunity for any number of billionaire foreign investors so anything less than the Premier League title next year will be deemed as failure. Arrogant???Deluded???Leeds???

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

I agree with most of this post, but not the bit that says that they will be a direct relegation rival to us. Call me optimistic if you like, but I think we will push on next season, and don't think we will be in a relegation battle at all.

Leeds will be, however.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Oh dear. Poor souls.

b1.JPG

b2.JPG

b3.JPG

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
You’ve almost got to admire their blind optimism even if it does come across as arrogant delusions or grandeur. I think many of them will be getting a bit of a shock very soon...

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Fine. He can play for you next season. Call it £40,000,000 and we can talk. What’s that? You can’t afford him? Oh, shame! As you were then. We’ll be seeing him back at our training ground shortly.

Snigger!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here