Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
But again, forget the football aspect, why accept an offer when:

1) his value could potentially double after a season
And 2) we would be strengthening a rival?

That doesn’t make any sense.

By that logic though, a bad first season and his value could significantly reduce. As someone else pointed out, not too many people queuing up to pay £40m for Joelinton or £45m for Haller at the moment.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Has anyone heard a rough figure Leeds have got in their budget for transfers this summer?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
By that logic though, a bad first season and his value could significantly reduce. As someone else pointed out, not too many people queuing up to pay £40m for Joelinton or £45m for Haller at the moment.

Actually I would say no, given his age and a bad season (I mean, how bad could it be, really? But I’ll go with it) and his value would more than likely stay the same.

Young English players come at a premium.

I think I’d agree with you if we were going down and needed to raise capital, but we’re looking up as a club and developing players like Ben White is part of our plan.

Ashworth’s comments suggest it was always the plan to have Ben in our team.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Plus the comfy chair to take home at weekends, my wife's recipe for ratatouille and if pushed..............the lemon ice cream ;)

No ginger beer plant? Deal's off

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
We’re not.. you’re repeating what most of us have already said. (See the thread?)

There’s just a few characters here who think we’ll sell him for 20 odd million to a rival, for no particular reason.

A lot of people seem to be getting easily wound up on Twitter, and I’d say the number of posts on this thread could be construed as worrying/fretting unnecessarily...

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
I feel like we need a separate thread for deluded Leeds responses... "We could lose him" - Sorry Ian, didn't know you could lose something you never had?

[tweet]1284761052790562817[/tweet]

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
A lot of people seem to be getting easily wound up on Twitter, and I’d say the number of posts on this thread could be construed as worrying/fretting unnecessarily...
I don't worry at all about it.

Que sera sera, etc.

But if it is in OUR interests to sell then we need to get a big fee and not be bullied into rolling over.

It's the arrogance of Leeds fans which is distasteful - that we know our place as little old brighton who will just drive White up to Leeds and even pay for the petrol.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Bottom line is Leeds couldn't afford him. I'm going dismiss the contribution of the Leeds poster as she doesn't rate White that highly.

The Championship is a grueling league and isn't easy to get out off. For For a 22 year old to play every match, have the best defence and win the league says it all.

Webster come in around 20 million. White would command a fee of at least 30 million and rising.

I don't think any promoted club including Villa, Wolves Fulham etc have spent that sort of money on one player It would be a massive risk financially unless massive add ons are mastered into the make up the overall fee. The other option is for Leeds to wheel and deal in the transfer market to generate more funds.

I predict White will be playing for Brighton unless one of the big boys come calling. He won't be playing for Leeds next season. There is a possibility that White forces the move himself. Stephens tried that and it didn't work with Mr Bloom.

White is a massive asset and one i'm looking forward to seeing play for BHA.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
I feel like we need a separate thread for deluded Leeds responses... "We could lose him" - Sorry Ian, didn't know you could lose something you never had?

[tweet]1284761052790562817[/tweet]

Jesus Christ, whatever they are smoking up there must be really strong to warp reality that much.:smokin:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Popular opinion seems to be that Duffy will be moving on this summer. Nothing in media about it but it would make sense for both club and player.

not sure if that is sense to the club. He is not a ball playing centre half but is robust and the best at heading both offensively and more importantly defensively. So not good against the City's of this world but better against the Burnley's . He is probably the only one that does not get bullied and that is one of our weaknesses.

Anyone know what Clarke is like heading the ball?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Jesus Christ, whatever they are smoking up there must be really strong to warp reality that much.:smokin:

Has anyone pointed out to old Ian that he’s not their player so they can’t possibly ‘lose’ him :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here