Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Brilliant plan for someone who has spent all that time developing as a CB.......[emoji23][emoji23]

I believe Leeds have played him as CDM, so it’s not completely out of the question, but a relatively new position, in a new squad in an unknown league might be a bit of a stretch.

Anyway, this has got me thinking, which other players have transitioned positions in their career, I’m talking about Les Ferdinand playing in goal when he was 12, but full professionals that moved positions.

Carragher was a central midfielder to begin with, even captained England in that position.

Scholes started as a striker I believe?

James Milner was a winger at Leeds before becoming an all conquering utility player.

Any others?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think the plan was sell Dunk as Webster had a season under his belt and integrate White.

Not going to work now given Dunks value will have dropped significantly, still an excellent choice to have.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I believe Leeds have played him as CDM, so it’s not completely out of the question, but a relatively new position, in a new squad in an unknown league might be a bit of a stretch.

Anyway, this has got me thinking, which other players have transitioned positions in their career, I’m talking about Les Ferdinand playing in goal when he was 12, but full professionals that moved positions.

Carragher was a central midfielder to begin with, even captained England in that position.

James Milner was a winger at Leeds before becoming an all conquering utility player.

Any others?

He was pushed into that position to cover an injury/disciplinary crisis.

He was only played there because he's Leeds' best footballer, not because he's a CDM (whatever that is!)
He was returned to the defence as soon as possible.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

He was only played there because he's Leeds' best footballer, not because he's a CDM (whatever that is!)

CDM is Cadbury’s Dairy Milk ..... obviously!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Do you still believe the man who said his job was to keep the manager in his job when he arrived here? :lolol:

That’s a bit of a harsh judgement. He was astute enough to assess the situation he found and change his mind is another way of looking at it.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

He was covering Kalvin Phillips, who is actually Leeds’ best footballer, when Phillips’ suspension was served White went back into defence because he’s their best defender.
Why pretend you don’t know what the CDM abbreviation stands for?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

Any others?

Bale was meant to be a left back. Think Spurs didn’t win any of 20 odd games he played there initially something odd like that

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld

Any others?

Paul warhurst cb to cf

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I get that, my little brother uses a lot of terminology that goes over my head, I thought CDM was common though? Maybe I’m out of touch, but hanging in their by a thread.

I always thought it was a common term too, the role played so well by Liam Bridcutt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz

Any others?

Adam Virgo

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Any others?
Steve Foster forward to CB

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Like we did with Lawro.

Mark Lawrenson? Midfield to CB.
No. We sometimes played Lawro in midfield for the same reasons as Leeds had for using White there.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Any others?
Kenny Burns Pic.jpg

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It’s funny seeing all the Leeds fans on twitter not happy with the fact we are opposing the neutral venues making us out to be a tinpot club when their best player is on loan from the said tinpot club :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here