Page 5 of 74 FirstFirst ... 23456781555 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 737

Thread: Ben White

  1. #41
    On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    54,830


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychobilly freakout View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see we are completely dismissed of even keeping our own player.
    As well as Leeds now being presumed to be Premier League. I see they also believe he may actually sign for them. El Presidente did actually suggest that this might happen in a recent article though.
    Winners never quit and quitters never win -Vince Lombardi

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #42
      Members nwgull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Manchester
      Posts
      9,811


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bhafc99 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Love it. An entire article assessing that Leeds have a good chance of getting White back on loan from Man City next season.
      The premise of the entire article is based on the opinion of Kevin Phillips, an ex-player and unsuccessful coach who, other than having had a 2 year spell at Southampton when White would've been about 6-7 years old, has never had any connection with either Brighton or any of the clubs that Ben White has ever been on loan to.

      If a big-6 club such as City were desperate to sign a defender to slot into their starting 11, they'd be after signing Lewis Dunk, who is currently a better player than Ben White.
      To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal...
    • #43
      Members
      Join Date
      Apr 2016
      Location
      In the kitchen
      Posts
      1,245


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by nwgull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The premise of the entire article is based on the opinion of Kevin Phillips, an ex-player and unsuccessful coach who, other than having had a 2 year spell at Southampton when White would've been about 6-7 years old, has never had any connection with either Brighton or any of the clubs that Ben White has ever been on loan to.

      If a big-6 club such as City were desperate to sign a defender to slot into their starting 11, they'd be after signing Lewis Dunk, who is currently a better player than Ben White.
      That's what I was thinking, what has Phillips got to do with anything?
    • #44
      HellBilly Psychobilly freakout's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2009
      Location
      Brighton factually.....
      Posts
      14,718


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      As well as Leeds now being presumed to be Premier League. I see they also believe he may actually sign for them. El Presidente did actually suggest that this might happen in a recent article though.
      Yep, it’s not exactly rocket science to suggest the loan back scenario, however if Leeds did indeed find enough sympathetic people to vote for them to be promoted, not many clubs loan players to rivals in the same league as Leeds would surely be challenging for the EPL next season.
      PsYcHoBiLlY fReAkOuT "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law"
    • #45
      34th DarrenFreemansPerm's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Location
      Soon to be far away.
      Posts
      14,111


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      As well as Leeds now being presumed to be Premier League. I see they also believe he may actually sign for them. El Presidente did actually suggest that this might happen in a recent article though.
      Surely he’d only be sold for an exorbitant fee.
      What?
    • #46
      Members
      Join Date
      Oct 2013
      Location
      Hanover/Elm Grove
      Posts
      10,803


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by nwgull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The premise of the entire article is based on the opinion of Kevin Phillips, an ex-player and unsuccessful coach who, other than having had a 2 year spell at Southampton when White would've been about 6-7 years old, has never had any connection with either Brighton or any of the clubs that Ben White has ever been on loan to.

      If a big-6 club such as City were desperate to sign a defender to slot into their starting 11, they'd be after signing Lewis Dunk, who is currently a better player than Ben White.
      Although I agree with your first sentence, I disagree on your second: City's recent transfer activity is to buy youngish, talented players.
    • #47

      0 Not allowed!
      Would be nice to take all that at face value.

      Ben White is good enough to go straight into Man City’s starting line up.
      The BHAFC forum is utter shite. They literally talk about everything except their own football club on there.
    • #48
      Members nwgull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Manchester
      Posts
      9,811


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Moshe Gariani View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Would be nice to take all that at face value.

      Ben White is good enough to go straight into Man City’s starting line up.
      No one knows if he's good enough to go straight into a mid-lower PL team's starting line-up, never mind City.
      To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal...
    • #49
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      54,830


      0 Not allowed!
      We don’t even know if he is as good as Adam Webster, last season’s stand out Championship defender....hasn’t his ability in the air been called into question a few times this season?
      Winners never quit and quitters never win -Vince Lombardi
    • #50
      Members Stat Brother's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      West west west Sussex
      Posts
      57,541


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Moshe Gariani View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Would be nice to take all that at face value.

      Ben White is good enough to go straight into Man City’s starting line up.
      Although that said City only have 1 centre back and he's been crocked since his (never mentioned) assault on our centre back who had got the better of the entire City team.

      Not too shabby when you think that our centre back in question is one of the worst footballers ever to play the game.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.
      "The Venerable Bede is full of shit".

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •