Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bit of garbage really. White to be the distributor alongside the enforcer, Duffy!!! If that's the case, why hasn't the 'enforcer' played regularly this season then? It's not Potter's style. Besides, Dunk will be 29 in November and my guess is he is very happy at Brighton and will stay provided we are playing in the EPL.

The company might not want to keep him!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I could see Dunk leaving if it was for a club able to win the league, i.e. if City needs a new homegrown player (they are short of cbs) or if Liverpool wants to replace Lovren with another backup. The wage, the chance to get a title, playing in CL and the possibility of getting into the NT could make him move despite his love for the club. Its not impossible. He wouldnt be good enough to start for them every week.

Of course they would have to pay a lot (whatever that is in 2020) but if he really wanted to give it a shot I dont think the club would ask for unrealistic amounts.

As for Ben White, his flirting with Leeds is nasty and if he wants to go there: sell him for dirty money and a dirty sell-on clause. I think Potter could talk him into staying though.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I

As for Ben White, his flirting with Leeds is nasty and if he wants to go there: sell him for dirty money and a dirty sell-on clause. I think Potter could talk him into staying though.

There is nothing to suggest White is flirting with Leeds. If anything, he was more popular with Newport fans, where he was voted Player of the Season, during his loan spell there.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I believe Dunk has another 3 years on his contract and I see no signs that the club want to get rid of their captain!!!
Neither do I, more than a touch of Devil's Advocate.

But this is football and you don't get any shrewder than Mr Bloom.
At some point Dunk's value will be more than his worth.
It's clear we're already there with Duffy :down: which in turn probably increases Dunk's worth.

If IF White is the real deal, if IF Webster kicks on, Dunk's worth to the Albion will tumble.

I can't see it myself, but I'd never say never.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Understand the PFA are trying to negotiate some sort of 'mass extension' to all players contracts for a limited time, probably until the end of July. But if not, can Ben play for us this season.

White is contracted to us for another 2 years. He doesn’t need an extension to play for us once his agreed loan period at Leeds is up, which is in about 2 weeks.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
White is contracted to us for another 2 years. He doesn’t need an extension to play for us once his agreed loan period at Leeds is up, which is in about 2 weeks.

I could be wrong, but I think they were alluding to having an extension to White’s loan at Leeds.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I could be wrong, but I think they were alluding to having an extension to White’s loan at Leeds.

I don't think the PFA has much to do with loan agreements between clubs. Anyway, why would Leeds want to keep him on loan paying his wages? The PL may come up with a solution to restart to recoup the millions in TV revenue, but the EFL doesn't have the same problem and isn't going to be restarting anytime soon.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I don't think the PFA has much to do with loan agreements between clubs. Anyway, why would Leeds want to keep him on loan paying his wages? The PL may come up with a solution to restart to recoup the millions in TV revenue, but the EFL doesn't have the same problem and isn't going to be restarting anytime soon.

I don’t have answers for your questions, just suggesting that you’d misunderstood the initial post, as I said though, I could be wrong.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
‘’We've been delighted with him. He is part of our plans and a talent we’ll be looking to keep for a number of years at the club."

Comment by Ashworth earlier today

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
‘’We've been delighted with him. He is part of our plans and a talent we’ll be looking to keep for a number of years at the club."

Comment by Ashworth earlier today

Do you still believe the man who said his job was to keep the manager in his job when he arrived here? :lolol:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This is a win win situation for Brighton. If he stays, we've got a quality addition to our defence from our own youth ranks; if we get an offer we can't refuse, then we get 30m in the transfer fund for a player that we're not even going to miss.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here