Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
So Lallana on a free is worth minimum wage only I guess?

Adam is another story altogether.
In regard to Ben, I understand little leeds offered £25m (Who knows) but if they did I’m sure a top six club might be interested in paying more.
What I DO know is LFC had him watched in numerous occasions and he is still a player of interest (Even though they don’t have loads of cash and need Thiago more) so they do not waste time on players who don’t have a chance of making it in the PL.
I’m also taking a punt that there are lots of players both British and foreign who were promoted from the championship and become wanted men, look at Wolves for instance.
The world doesn’t revolve around the PL, unfortunately for us although we often invest in overseas players they don’t always come off, but one day the strategy may work in our favour.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
In regard to Ben, I understand little leeds offered £25m (Who knows) but if they did I’m sure a top six club might be interested in paying more.
What I DO know is LFC had him watched in numerous occasions and he is still a player of interest (Even though they don’t have loads of cash and need Thiago more) so they do not waste time on players who don’t have a chance of making it in the PL.
I’m also taking a punt that there are lots of players both British and foreign who were promoted from the championship and become wanted men, look at Wolves for instance.
The world doesn’t revolve around the PL, unfortunately for us although we often invest in overseas players they don’t always come off, but one day the strategy may work in our favour.

Spurs also had him watched, no other club have bid for him other than Leeds. Top bid by Leeds £25 million up front plus £5 million with add on.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Ego trip, his 15 minutes of fame, capitalise on the unexpected limelight to gain more clients.

This is what had me worried tbh. Seems like a career defining moment for this agent. Looking at his profile and twitter at least, seems like this is the most attention any of his clients have had.
Hoping he spoke out because we are close to a deal if not agreed already.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Cool story Bro.
Does having Liverpool watch you a few times make you a £100k a week player though?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Very odd comment to say watch this space in next few days. Implies either he’s agreeing a new deal or he’s on the move somewhere.
Thats win win for us

Best case is that he stays.

Worst case is we get some decent dosh.

Leeds are irrelevant.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White

Thats win win for us

Best case is that he stays.

Worst case is we get some decent dosh.

Leeds are irrelevant.

Not quite win win for me. More win, and “consolation”.

I would prefer to keep Ben White and see him integrate into this exciting team we’re building.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Cool story Bro.
Does having Liverpool watch you a few times make you a £100k a week player though?

I think he was watched by Liverpool in every game last year, that's what I heard. And had been scouted by them since his Newport loan.
So it isn't Liverpool just scouting prospects- it's a serious interest. So is he worth 100K? Who knows. But it's serious collateral during negotiations.
Clearly, he as been tapped up by Leeds. Let's say they've said 'we want to make you our highest paid player', then again, they sit down with Barber and say, 'look, we understand you won't accept a bid from Leeds but they are prepared to pay (say) £60k'.

Add in the fact that White clearly isn't Dunk- he's not emotionally attached to our club. He and his agent will want the biggest contract they can possibly get. Otherwise they'll just wait for the inevitable bids to come in.
I really hope he signs a new contract, but i suspect it might be for a lot more money than people think.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Not quite win win for me. More win, and “consolation”.

I would prefer to keep Ben White and see him integrate into this exciting team we’re building.
Yeah me too, but a big pile of cash to put towards a striker would be a bit more than consolation.

IMHO anyway.

Except we'd probably but another defender :)

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Would we have loaned out Clarke if White was off? Or if we even felt there was a small risk of he leaving over the next few weeks SURELY we'd have held back on letting Clarke go?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
New 5 year contract, big pay rise, release clause next season that he can go to a champions league side for a certain price. Job done, move on from this incredibly dull saga.

3yr on decent money, but nothing special, release clause at £50m+ after 1yr. Show you can do the business in the PL and you can move on, with our blessing, next season (but only to a top6 or overseas club that are willing and able to meet the price tag).

Or, after a year, sign a longer contract with us on top rates (for us) and enjoy the journey we are on.

(TBH, much as I'd prefer the latter, I think I'm in the minority. He'll go somewhere big next summer having had a great year with us... Or disappear to L1/2 if he can't live up to the hype)

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
The way the agent said “he’s up getting fit, training with the Brighton team..” is odd phrasing. Like we’re not his team.

Ah well. Maybe we have lost him, if so at least a) it won’t be to Leeds and b) Tony would get absolute top top dollar for the deal.

As said though, I’d easily sooner keep him, and think his value can still increase.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
The way the agent said “he’s up getting fit, training with the Brighton team..” is odd phrasing. Like we’re not his team.

Ah well. Maybe we have lost him, if so at least a) it won’t be to Leeds and b) Tony would get absolute top top dollar for the deal.

As said though, I’d easily sooner keep him, and think his value can still increase.

Wouldn't read too much in to it- he doesn't come across as particularly articulate so those comments could mean anything.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Has he gone yet?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Well we can see now who is advising White. Blimey, interviews with Sky Sports.

Unless he is the next Messi, he needs a word in his ear. That won't go down well with prospective employees.

If White leaves I wish him well, but even the top players in the Premier League don't have their agents openly talking to the press like that.

Clearly needs shot of this agent very quickly for his own career, wherever he ends up.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC

I actually took his comments as positive. He says "getting himself fit, getting around the team" which I took to mean getting to know the team / senior squad.

I think Leeds were in a hurry to sign Ben because they knew as soon as he starts training the situation becomes more and more out of their control.

Ben is training with Adam Lallana! Plus his best mate Connolly. I'm sure he looks up to Dunk. Every day that he is with the squad and is part of the Potter Project and bonding is another day he should feel more comfortable with where he's at.

BTW, I was recently reading about Potter because I've always been a fan of the psychological aspect of the game. Of all the universities in the country, he got his master's in 'Leadership and Emotional Intelligence' at bloody LEEDS Metropolitan University.

[tweet]1298658200519147521[/tweet]

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here