Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
That's like saying "nearby Coventry" in relation to Manchester. :facepalm:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I loved this snippet from the Manchester Evening News report.

"But it's also understood Brighton would be very reluctant to sell one of their prize assets. White is a product of the academy at the Amex Stadium, having grown up nearby in Poole. He could command a fee well in excess of £35million."

Well it's all down South and they are all bloody unfriendly down there, so I asked someone if it were close and they bloody ignored me, bloody Southerners....

I liked this from the Express: https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...r-enquiries-Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-new-defender

"The player's future was shrouded in uncertainty during the summer months." Apparently us finding countless different ways of saying 'He's not for sale,' our CEO replying to a kid's letter telling them that he would be staying in Brighton, us turning down every bid and announcing publicly that we wouldn't be selling him to Leeds and then him buying a house in Sussex and signing a new contract with Brighton meant that his future was 'shrouded in uncertainty'.

Only if you are a magical thinking Leeds fan, but then all of reality would be 'shrouded in uncertainty.'

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Of course he would, alongside his best mate. He just needed that extra few months under Bielsa instead of going backwards at Brighton

I'd suggest that playing in a back 5 alongside with aerially dominant players like Dunk, Webster and now Sanchez has brought the best out of him. Think he might have bee a bit exposed at Leeds when taking the step up.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd suggest that playing in a back 5 alongside with aerially dominant players like Dunk, Webster and now Sanchez has brought the best out of him. Think he might have bee a bit exposed at Leeds when taking the step up.

I was jesting!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Looking at how much they have recently been paying for English defenders, we wouldn’t be able to turn down the offer if they really wanted him. Veltman & Webster are good in the RCB position and we have at least 4 quality CBs trying to make the 1st team squad next season so he is not as valuable to us as say, Sanchez.

Any offer should be met with ‘you paid £50m for Wan Bissaka & £80m for Slabhead; we believe that our boy is better than them both, cough up or **** off’.

Ha yeh, not sure we should be that polite.

It's great not having to sell. That long term deal he is on gives us a good bargaining position.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I don't know if it's been posted elsewhere(I, at least, haven't seen it) but the club have released an interview with White.

It's mostly about how good Dunk and Sanchez are though.

Anyone with access to post on the Leeds fan sites?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Brighton don't score enough goals and didn't need all those defenders. Should have sold one of them and bought a striker. Other option was to charge Leeds a £5m loan fee and watch their investment grow. Playing for Bielsa in this current side would have showcased how good he is in the centre, intercepting other team's attacks and breaking forward releasing our wingers early. The 30m Leeds were willing to pay would be worth at least 40-45 now. Never understand why Potter plays him on the right side of three as it takes away the best features of his game. Probably worth no more than 25m at the moment if he persists playing him there.

Yeah…

Obviously we should have sold Ben to Leeds. He’s gone down the pan and only worth £25m now. Oh wait, but whilst Ben is playing in the Euros for England, is that Arsenal on the phone?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here