Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Forster Caskey, who at the age of 25, already has a 9 year Pro career at Championship level under his belt?

Solly March, also 25, with 160 Albion appearances under his belt in the top two divisions, and now a regular in the Premier League?

:shrug:

Solly March is a regular beneficiary of injuries, in the Premier League. When everyone is fit, he's not even on the bench. His number of appearances in the Premier League is more a testament to the injury problems of Jamie Murphy, Jose Izquierdo and others.

there was a post in the express that Leeds were hoping to pick him up cheap and recon his value will have dropped at least 4m due to CV. how they fek know that is anyones guess.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
If we stay up he’s going nowhere unless for ridiculous money. We are very lucky in that our owner and CEO have a proven track record for not letting contracted players leave if it doesn’t suit us - see Stephens as an example.
If we go down then it’s a disaster for keeping half this squad anyway, White would be insignificant.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Solly March is a regular beneficiary of injuries, in the Premier League. When everyone is fit, he's not even on the bench. His number of appearances in the Premier League is more a testament to the injury problems of Jamie Murphy, Jose Izquierdo and others.

What a dick post.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
there was a post in the express that Leeds were hoping to pick him up cheap and recon his value will have dropped at least 4m due to CV. how they fek know that is anyones guess.
Tony has said he'll be in no rush to sell anyone because prices will be down.

There will be no CV19 discount at the Albion.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Well if White is linked with Man City money talks and we'll well him for over the odds money.

We can't compete financially with the big boys, take the money and invest into the squad, money us going to be short for clubs in the current climate.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
What's it got to do with us surely it up to Leeds after all he is their player, is he not?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
What's it got to do with us surely it up to Leeds after all he is their player, is he not?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The way fans of The Leeds talk on social media, you'd think that his great season has all been down to Bielsa, we had no idea how good he was and that they effectively own him because of that.

I guess the 6 years he's spent under our development team after being released by Saints as a 16 year old, as well as the refusal to include an option to buy, was just for bantz.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Bullshit. He is one of our most consistent performers. That is why he get the appearances he does.

I agree, consistently doesn't score a goal, claim an assist or create a chance. He's simply not good enough, I'm sorry you can't see it but our managers have done. He plays when others aren't available, but as soon as the real players are available, he's not in the team. And rightly so. He's a Championship footballer. He's having a fine career and I want him to do well when he's in the team, but it would be wrong to suggest he's one of our best players.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
"That's according to University of Liverpool teacher and football finance expert Kieran Maguire."

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I see we are completely dismissed of even keeping our own player.

As well as Leeds now being presumed to be Premier League. I see they also believe he may actually sign for them. El Presidente did actually suggest that this might happen in a recent article though.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Love it. An entire article assessing that Leeds have a good chance of getting White back on loan from Man City next season. :lolol:

The premise of the entire article is based on the opinion of Kevin Phillips, an ex-player and unsuccessful coach who, other than having had a 2 year spell at Southampton when White would've been about 6-7 years old, has never had any connection with either Brighton or any of the clubs that Ben White has ever been on loan to.

If a big-6 club such as City were desperate to sign a defender to slot into their starting 11, they'd be after signing Lewis Dunk, who is currently a better player than Ben White.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
The premise of the entire article is based on the opinion of Kevin Phillips, an ex-player and unsuccessful coach who, other than having had a 2 year spell at Southampton when White would've been about 6-7 years old, has never had any connection with either Brighton or any of the clubs that Ben White has ever been on loan to.

If a big-6 club such as City were desperate to sign a defender to slot into their starting 11, they'd be after signing Lewis Dunk, who is currently a better player than Ben White.

That's what I was thinking, what has Phillips got to do with anything?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
As well as Leeds now being presumed to be Premier League. I see they also believe he may actually sign for them. El Presidente did actually suggest that this might happen in a recent article though.

Yep, it’s not exactly rocket science to suggest the loan back scenario, however if Leeds did indeed find enough sympathetic people to vote for them to be promoted, not many clubs loan players to rivals in the same league as Leeds would surely be challenging for the EPL next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here