Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Not sure if this is real or not, but the number of retweets and likes before it got taken down. Verified account too on the original post by Fabrizio Romano

[tweet]1292949087491416070[/tweet]

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Bloom is a business man and will do what is right for his club.

I've edited out the bits of your post that weren't irrelevant, magical thinking, or speculative guesswork.

The bit left is the only thing that matters in the real world. Tony Bloom will not be doing anything to strengthen a relegation candidate. Argue all you like that you won't be one, that is how he will see you and its his judgement that matters. This will mean that either you're not getting Ben White, or you will be paying so much over the odds for him that it will seriously weaken your ability to strengthen elsewhere.

As fans you've really got a bit silly about this. If you want to be campaigning for something, you should be focusing 100% on Bielsa. He is the key to whether Leeds survive this season and prosper. Ben White is becoming your own Suez campaign; the hill that you are choosing to die on to prove that you're still a power, unaware that the world around you has shifted and that, to the people who matter, you're really not.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Putting aside that it would be a bad idea to sell Ben White to Leeds for the club, in terms of his development, he is going to be better off at Brighton. The Leeds loan has clearly been beneficial to his development, but either at Leeds or at Brighton he needs to step up again.
At Leeds he is more likely to get more minutes, and game experience is vital, but at Brighton, he will have the benefit of some Premier League experience in his team mates to help him, will be getting experience of working under another well respected coach, and is more likely to get some experience in different set ups and positions.
I also think having genuine competition for your place in the team is a good thing, for raising your standard. Leeds fans seem to say in one breath he is the best English CB around, and then in the next, that he would be behind Dunk and Webster permanently and will just be on our bench.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
His value has been inflated. It's a byproduct of the Leeds microcosm. Had they missed out on promotion, far less people would be believing the hype.

I'll temper expectations until he can measure up to the big boys. That is if he can get himself ahead of Dunk and Webster unless we are to accommodate a back 3.

But you are not even willing to give him a chance in the Brighton side, to see if it is all hype as you say. You want to sell him just in case his value drops.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Kinnear said: “Ben is going to be hugely sought-after. It’s one of the risks of doing the type of deal we did. I know supporters say ‘well, why isn’t there an option to buy him?’

Erm they all were pissed when he signed saying who the fk is he lolz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Morning.

Bloom is also a Brighton fan. He’d probably turn down £60m if you lot offered it now, he has had enough and we have too. It’s over. He is not being sold to Leeds.

Time for you to turn your unrequited love elsewhere. I’d suggest another Ben, the Godfrey model at Norwich would suit you but be quick before he finds a bigger club. Could you perhaps post on their forum now?

Sky sports : Norwich value Ben Godfrey at up to £50m ahead of summer interest in Canaries' English talent

Oh dear. The funny thing is we’ve got a huge portfolio of centre backs and Leeds don’t even have one and will have to start at £50m to have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Morning. Well this is getting a bit messy on all sides but we are just a sideshow to what is happening.

As a regular contributor to the Leeds main forum I know full well how many twats frequent our board. There is without a doubt a small percentage who are in fact not Leeds (either fans of other clubs or actually Leeds fans who enjoy a good wind up) and look to undermine every aspect of the club. It takes some adjustment to get your head around social media and the motivations of many looking to become someone.

Having said that I did find the 'freebenwhite' twitter thing quite amusing. I think we do need to preserve what we can of our club cultures. Never been a fan either of your 'rivals' (ahem) Palace, but had to respect them trying to create an atmosphere at home as let's face it, most PL crowds are dead. For us old skool types . . . it's another world we now inhabit. Leeds are a bit old skool still. We've sort of missed out on much of the PL growth and having a ground that has hardly changed for a good while adds to that living in the past feeling. We still stand for the full 90 minutes away and behind both ends at home. There has definitely been an upsurge and great variety in what our fans are bringing to the table. Social media fuels so much. A couple of years in the EFL should be a staple diet for all PL clubs just to refind yourself an enjoy what football can be . . . like a two year loan, ha.

Behind the scenes, the club owner and chief executive are good people with a good reputation. I'm sure communication between both clubs has been respectful and professional. Feel a bit for Ben White who has got himself in a difficult position. In any other walk of life, if you fancy a job change, whether feeling stale at your old work place or attracted to a new one, you can make the move with little hassle. Football remains a very different environment even with freedom of contract. The kid obviously wants the move and it is naive to think otherwise (Leeds would not be bidding if the club and agent hadn't agreed his contract in principle).

If Brighton do not wish to sell, White faces being a squad player on what we think is 5K a week for the forseeable. His value falls dramatically. I'm pretty sure he would have a good attitude and push for first team football. His value will both rise and fall based on performance levels and the remaining length of his contract. Unless he becomes a regular at Brighton, and shows he has the quality required at PL level, you'd have to suggest this time next year he'll be worth 8-10million. Success on the pitch and regular game time, could push his value to 40million in that same time frame.

I've got my head a little around what I think a present value is now, trying to look from both sides. A fixed sum plus add on's up to 29million (international recognition, club games). Then throw in a 20% sell on clause. In many ways it is an outrageous sum for a player with his present experience. He is important to Bielsa but it does get to a point where you think . . . there is another player who can do this job . . . and let's not be naive, there always is (if your club is well run) a list of alternatives at hand.

Bloom is a business man and will do what is right for his club. I was going to type, . . . only with a sale does everyone come out smiling . . . but i guess, some of you understandably may not feel that way. Regards.

Oh dear, I think you’re flogging a dead horse coming on here with a considered opinion. What on earth were you thinking?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Morning. Well this is getting a bit messy on all sides but we are just a sideshow to what is happening.

As a regular contributor to the Leeds main forum I know full well how many twats frequent our board. There is without a doubt a small percentage who are in fact not Leeds (either fans of other clubs or actually Leeds fans who enjoy a good wind up) and look to undermine every aspect of the club. It takes some adjustment to get your head around social media and the motivations of many looking to become someone.

Having said that I did find the 'freebenwhite' twitter thing quite amusing. I think we do need to preserve what we can of our club cultures. Never been a fan either of your 'rivals' (ahem) Palace, but had to respect them trying to create an atmosphere at home as let's face it, most PL crowds are dead. For us old skool types . . . it's another world we now inhabit. Leeds are a bit old skool still. We've sort of missed out on much of the PL growth and having a ground that has hardly changed for a good while adds to that living in the past feeling. We still stand for the full 90 minutes away and behind both ends at home. There has definitely been an upsurge and great variety in what our fans are bringing to the table. Social media fuels so much. A couple of years in the EFL should be a staple diet for all PL clubs just to refind yourself an enjoy what football can be . . . like a two year loan, ha.

Behind the scenes, the club owner and chief executive are good people with a good reputation. I'm sure communication between both clubs has been respectful and professional. Feel a bit for Ben White who has got himself in a difficult position. In any other walk of life, if you fancy a job change, whether feeling stale at your old work place or attracted to a new one, you can make the move with little hassle. Football remains a very different environment even with freedom of contract. The kid obviously wants the move and it is naive to think otherwise (Leeds would not be bidding if the club and agent hadn't agreed his contract in principle).

If Brighton do not wish to sell, White faces being a squad player on what we think is 5K a week for the forseeable. His value falls dramatically. I'm pretty sure he would have a good attitude and push for first team football. His value will both rise and fall based on performance levels and the remaining length of his contract. Unless he becomes a regular at Brighton, and shows he has the quality required at PL level, you'd have to suggest this time next year he'll be worth 8-10million. Success on the pitch and regular game time, could push his value to 40million in that same time frame.

I've got my head a little around what I think a present value is now, trying to look from both sides. A fixed sum plus add on's up to 29million (international recognition, club games). Then throw in a 20% sell on clause. In many ways it is an outrageous sum for a player with his present experience. He is important to Bielsa but it does get to a point where you think . . . there is another player who can do this job . . . and let's not be naive, there always is (if your club is well run) a list of alternatives at hand.

Bloom is a business man and will do what is right for his club. I was going to type, . . . only with a sale does everyone come out smiling . . . but i guess, some of you understandably may not feel that way. Regards.

Lots of heat here but very little light...... and judging by what amuses you, you have a niche sense of humour....

Last edited:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Is this the shittest and most boring transfer SAGA we've ever been involved in? I'm struggling to think of one shitter or more boring.

Bridcutt to Sunderland was just as shit, but it didn't go on as long, and as Gus was involved it was never BORING.

This though. ****ing hell. Any other contenders?

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
White faces being a squad player on what we think is 5K a week for the forseeable.

Imagine only earning 5k a week! That’s only a measly £260,000 a year! The horror! :moo:

In all seriousness though if we don’t intend on selling him, and we wants more money to reflect his position within the team, then he best sign a new and improved deal sharpish :cheers:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It really is simple. Ben White is under contract until June 2023 if we want to invoke the extra year. That means we own the player and it is up to us what happens.

I imagine what will happen is he will report back to training next year, have a good chat with Dan Ashworth & Graham Potter who will tell him he is going to be a first team player, has a great opportunity to step up like Lewis Dunk did and Adam Webster has. Likely a couple of defenders will move on as part of this.

In the background the club will negotiate with his agent for a new contract and really the choice is - don't take it and Ben White stays on the wage he is on, or he gets a proper first team deal.

I absolutely refuse to believe that Ben White at his young age is going to down tools and go on strike because of 1 good season in the Championship especially if we have offered him a 'first team' deal. We may see a transfer request from his agent but the reality is Tony Bloom is 2 from 2 with previous transfer requests - and both of those players are still key players within our first team squad all these years alter. He's been around the first team enough over the last few years to know Lewis Dunk etc who I am sure will also be talking with him.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

The trouble with Leeds fans is they don't listen to what Brighton are saying. We rate him as well as you do. Unless you think he isn't as good as what Leeds fans say he is, then, believe me, by the end of the season he will be playing first team football at Brighton.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Not sure if this is real or not, but the number of retweets and likes before it got taken down. Verified account too on the original post by Fabrizio Romano

If it got that many retweets there would be more than one dodgy screenshot of that tweet. It’s fake imo.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

Then pay the money or move on.

Leeds have either been told that he's for sale at a certain price or not at all. If it's not at all or too high a price for you move on to next on the list. If you can afford it pay it. It's pretty simple.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Is this the shittest and most boring transfer SAGA we've ever been involved in? I'm struggling to think of one shitter or more boring.

Bridcutt to Sunderland was just as shit, but it didn't go on as long, and as Gus was involved it was never BORING.

No, this is comfortably top. Both sets of fans have also gone a bit wierd and desperate.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

Our recent signing of Veltman was pretty shit. We didn't even get time for a thread, the club just announced his signing to a chorus of huh's and wtf's?!

On the other hand the Vicente and Ali J one's were magnificent.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

€33m! Why pay in Euros? Are we going on an expensive summer break to mainland Europe.

This is like a spoilt girl saying ' I want a pony, I want a pony'.

Well you are not f@cking getting one, so shut up.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here