Page 54 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4445152535455565764 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben White

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackenzie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I fear you may have wasted your breath. I don’t think Leeds fans get it at all.
    TBH, I think most of them do. It is, of course, good fun for us to post links to a few knobheads, but I think most Leeds fans - like #Yorkshireman - are well aware of the situation.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Muslamic Infidel

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by origigull View Post
      It looks like dirty leeds thought it was try before you buy loan.
      They wanted the original loan deal to come with an option to buy, but we told them where to go. I really don't see why after an impressive season in the Championship we'd suddenly want to sell him. Our most promising youngster and possibly better than Lewis Dunk was at the same age.
      Artist formerly known as joey_jo_jo_jr_shabadoo

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshireman View Post
      The most likely options in order are 1) he stays at Brighton for a season or two 2) he moves to a top PL side and we loan him or 3) we sign him on a permanent deal.
      I've read that Brighton want to move on Duffy - why couldn't White replace him?
      Good post - but you've got option 2 completely wrong - option 2 would be us selling him to a top PL side with a loan back to us, not you.
      I think Duffy might well leave this summer to get game time elsewhere - he's been more or less a bit-part player for us this season. I expect White's ambitions will be a little higher than just replacing him!

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      Good post - but you've got option 2 completely wrong - option 2 would be us selling him to a top PL side with a loan back to us, not you.
      I think Duffy might well leave this summer to get game time elsewhere - he's been more or less a bit-part player for us this season. I expect White's ambitions will be a little higher than just replacing him!
      It's so funny how they think Leeds have a say in White's future.
      Leeds fans are unbelievable stupid.

I bet if we play them next season, or White plays against them next season, they will relentlessly boo him.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.
      "The Venerable Bede is full of shit".

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      He wouldn't be able to be loaned to us or any other PL side in the same transfer window, apparently.

I agree with your prediction that Duffy will be sold once the season has concluded, and White will sign a 4 year deal, presumably with a significant salary increase in line with our regular starters. He is an ideal player for GP's style of playing out from the back and will certainly give Webster competition for his place in a 2-man central defence.

We are bloody good at recruiting and developing central defenders, aren't we?
      To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal...
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Leeds have as much say in White career / development as Newport County do.
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010
      Captain Of The Crew

4 Not allowed!
      course. if you ain't wearing our white shirt it doesn't matter who you are or what you did. ;)

loads of factually inaccurate shite from both sides on here, in 15 years some folk are still peddling same agenda, it is almost comforting in a way!

liverpool or whoever would be bonkers to spend 40mil on an unproven 22 year old, different if he's had a season or two scrapping around in the lower reaches of the PL and proven himself, he hasn't. he's been playing luton on a tuesday night who shouldn't even be in the same sentence as liverpool, man city et al. he's done a decent job at leeds but ben white at the back is not what is needed to stay up in pl.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
      course. if you ain't wearing our white shirt it doesn't matter who you are or what you did. ;)

loads of factually inaccurate shite from both sides on here, in 15 years some folk are still peddling same agenda, it is almost comforting in a way!

liverpool or whoever would be bonkers to spend 40mil on an unproven 22 year old, different if he's had a season or two scrapping around in the lower reaches of the PL and proven himself, he hasn't. he's been playing luton on a tuesday night who shouldn't even be in the same sentence as liverpool, man city et al. he's done a decent job at leeds but ben white at the back is not what is needed to stay up in pl.
      Good post and nice to see you back @Starry
      If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice......
      Muslamic Infidel

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by nwgull View Post
      He wouldn't be able to be loaned to us or any other PL side in the same transfer window, apparently.
      That appears to be true. https://www.premierleague.com/news/464747

There are ways around the rule, like if Liverpool really wanted him (and wanted to make sure no-one else could come in for him) but wanted him to have a years experience in the PL then we could agree a deal that saw him move at the end of the 20-21 season.
      Artist formerly known as joey_jo_jo_jr_shabadoo

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by nwgull View Post
      ?

I'm sure I can remember cases where a player has been sold, and immediately loaned back.

Edit: Just seen post above.