Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Do they deserve credit for identifying Ben White as a useful addition on loan? Or is it more likely that Brighton did all the forensic due diligence on the best club for Ben to spend a season in the Championship and offered him to Leeds as beneficial for his development? I know who I would back to have the more professional backroom team in this regard.

Well yes, this is a well made point which has subsequently been expanded upon. My point really was that the influence of Bielsa has been overplayed rather.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Well yes, this is a well made point which has subsequently been expanded upon. My point really was that the influence of Bielsa has been overplayed rather.

As I posted a little earlier, yes Leeds deserve some credit in his development, by playing him all season, however Leeds were interested in a loan before White went to Peterborough, It was Bielsa who was not sure at the time. Maybe if he had taken White on loan then it may be a different story and White may be a Leeds player.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
That’s the bit I meant. I think it’s one tier that side but we were at the back of it.

It’s split into upper and lower but is only one tier.

2,000 in the top bit which is usually enough for most teams, then 1,000 in the lower if required

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pz6q6uZ0uk&t=177s

Watching this, shocked at how much TIME defenders get. He has time to look up and ping long balls in a few of these clips, no way will he get as many chances for that in the PL. Except maybe v Leeds :D

Got used to the PL speed at closing down and the pace/skill v the Championship. Reminded me of the first games at the Amex in the PL, was a bit of a culture shock.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pz6q6uZ0uk&t=177s

Watching this, shocked at how much TIME defenders get. He has time to look up and ping long balls in a few of these clips, no way will he get as many chances for that in the PL. Except maybe v Leeds :D

Got used to the PL speed at closing down and the pace/skill v the Championship. Reminded me of the first games at the Amex in the PL, was a bit of a culture shock.

All part of the learning curve.

Fortunately for White, as with Webster before him, he'll continue to learn, many times by mistake, in front of some of the most understanding and accepting fans in the country...

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?376878-This-Webster-experiment-ends-jan-1st-!!

...oh. :lolol:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White

All part of the learning curve.

Fortunately for White, as with Webster before him, he'll continue to learn, many times by mistake, in front of some of the most understanding and accepting fans in the country...

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?376878-This-Webster-experiment-ends-jan-1st-!!

...oh. :lolol:

I don’t agree with your slandering of all Albion fans here, not at all. In fact I think that’s a disgrace.

Having been an active part of that thread the vast majority were supportive of Webster.

You my friend, just can’t accept there being any single criticism of any player. If they do “they are a not a real fan”.

Any club, in any part part of the country, in any league it’s the same. There are opinions left right and centre. Who’s had a good game, who’s had a bad game, who needs to be rested from the team, who needs to be given a chance.

Attributing someone with a less than positive viewpoint as “not a real fan” is extremely over delicate and belies a lack of understand of the emotional roller coaster that is being a supporter.

Ben White will have fantastic support here. As we’ve shown to all our young players both at the ground and online.

You’ll probably drag out the fact I don’t rate Proper. That will just prove my point that you’re over delicate and won’t accept criticism of any player.

I support our club. Our manager, our team AND our supporters. We are great fans and I won’t have you slandering us.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Having been an active part of that thread the vast majority were supportive of Webster.

According to 'who posted' you haven't made a single comment on that thread.

Oh and it was a joke hence the :lolol: signifying a joke.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
What kid has got hold of The Argus site, my God.
https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/18653805.transfer-news-ben-white-force-way-liverpool/

Hardly a local paper wanting to get info from the club, acting like this I'd tell them to **** off

Really poor the first line of the article debunks the headline. It’s almost as bad as the Liverpool echo article that states in the headline White has been messaging Klopp but has no reference whatsoever to that event or how they know that in the article.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/18653805.transfer-news-ben-white-force-way-liverpool/

Hardly a local paper wanting to get info from the club, acting like this I'd tell them to **** off

Just regurgitating an old interview. Argus is rubbish but has been for ages.

Really poor the first line of the article debunks the headline. It’s almost as bad as the Liverpool echo article that states in the headline White has been messaging Klopp but has no reference whatsoever to that event or how they know that in the article.

Yeah read that yesterday. Almost wanted to complain under the trades descriptions act.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
According to 'who posted' you haven't made a single comment on that thread.

Oh and it was a joke hence the :lolol: signifying a joke.

Hehe. Busted!

Edit: Unless he has a second account? ???

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

It's the same article rehashed.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016

I’m hoping the best for Ben White (having never seen him play) but to think with no premier league experience he can replace England’s best centre back (Gomez) and the Worlds best (Van Dijk), hell be 4th choice at best (Matip played well when fit) so would be better getting a season under his belt with us - prove himself then move and then we can cash in a Maguire level of fee - get £50m+ instead of £30m at best

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...

I know we complained about Naylor a lot (often justifiably), but it really has gone even further down the pan since he left. There is essentially no form of local reporting now. Naylor's source is only really a club mouthpiece, the Argus (when not pointlessly speculating like some clickbait site) is about two weeks behind everyone else and it's not as if sky care enough about us to consistently report much on what we're doing. I mean, heck, our first transfer this summer was discovered by SkyBet and our second one was mostly a surprise that was vaguely hinted at on talksport a couple of days before. Naylor and Owen (who I know is on holiday right now) nowhere to be seen.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

Once I read the article it seemed a poorly written headline to a story that was actually that Flynn was sending a message to White that liverpool would suit his development t

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Once I read the article it seemed a poorly written headline to a story that was actually that Flynn was sending a message to White that liverpool would suit his development t

So, is it now being suggested that we loan him to Liverpool? That would be totally surreal.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
So, is it now being suggested that we loan him to Liverpool? That would be totally surreal.
No Flynn merely suggested that Liverpool would be a good club for White to join. It is quite frankly, ridiculous how speculation from a former manager has been translated into White messaging Klopp.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I don’t agree with your slandering of all Albion fans here, not at all. In fact I think that’s a disgrace.

You my friend, just can’t accept there being any single criticism of any player. If they do “they are a not a real fan”.

Any club, in any part part of the country, in any league it’s the same. There are opinions left right and centre. Who’s had a good game, who’s had a bad game, who needs to be rested from the team, who needs to be given a chance.

Attributing someone with a less than positive viewpoint as “not a real fan” is extremely over delicate and belies a lack of understand of the emotional roller coaster that is being a supporter.

Ben White will have fantastic support here. As we’ve shown to all our young players both at the ground and online.

You’ll probably drag out the fact I don’t rate Proper. That will just prove my point that you’re over delicate and won’t accept criticism of any player.

I support our club. Our manager, our team AND our supporters. We are great fans and I won’t have you slandering us.

I dont rate Proper at all (awaits stat attack)

#PrettyPleaseFreeDavy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here