Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I feel for them. Imagine if when we got promoted Dunk had just been on loan?

We got promoted with two loan players, Tomori from Chelsea & Pocognoli from West Brom. Both played their part in our winning games.
We didn’t throw hissy fits about them staying with us.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Exactly, tho I’m expecting Ben to knuckle down and start getting ready for the season. We have a very exciting squad already and adding to it again this window most likely.

Must be exciting and inspiring for a young player to train with the likes of Lallana, Maupay, Mooy, Trossard, Lamptey etc. And of course his hero, Dunk.

This week will be interesting, especially if the club tweet out their usual training photos..

Players back in training this week?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I didn’t realise we had a Seagulls contingent in Argentina. I find that interesting given the Bielsa background.

Tengo más ganas de ganarle a los mogolicos del Leeds que al palace

Translation: “I have more desire to beat the Mughals of Leeds than the Palace”

https://twitter.com/brighton_arg/status/1292567840176971776

It's not that surprising we've got a following in Argentina now we have one of their best youngsters playing for us, that would have piqued an interest. However they seem to have picked up on the rivalries quite quickly. At least they seem more patient than the Iranian and South African followers we have picked up with other transfers.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
8665aff83ffc61401ddab5406bc5fe11.jpg

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This. He and his agent can try to play hardball but Tony has a full house........and will go all in.

-sign a new, enhanced contract
-be transferred, for a RIDICULOUS fee for unproven CB at PL level
-languish in the U23s/on the bench and sulking, and get forgotten

There is, of course, the option that no-one is talking about.

We give him an enhanced contract for four or five years and it turns out he can't cut it in the PL. We're then lumbered with a player that no Champ club will buy as they won't meet his wages.

It doesn't bear thinking about ... :lolol:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

'White has never played for Brighton in the league and found himself carted off to Newport County and Peterborough United in the years before United came calling.'

Clearly chosen not to recognise the fact we were in the Prem, they were in the Championship. And, ' carted off' ffs :shootself

'The hope in the corridors at Elland Road is White will recognise that lack of faith in Sussex and look to what was put into him by Bielsa, Victor Orta and co.'

I'm very confident that our club have been excellent with him in terms of his development, as we always are with our youngsters, and he will certainly recognise that and will have understood exactly why he went on loan where and when and how the club expected him to develop in his time at each club, gaining first team experience at each progressive level.

This whole saga becomes more entertaining (and tragic on Leeds' behalf) by the day

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Well here as some more 'facts' for you:

has turned down Brighton offers of a new contract and shows little interest.
his best mate is KP and his GF is a local lass
he has told the club he wants to be there next year
Leeds have bid twice for him and both have been rejected
he would play PL football next season under a world class coach

I think we all know that in modern football a club does not bid for a player unless they have been encouraged to do so by the player via his agent. In fact in most cases personal terms have also been agreed. Sure, you can talk about using it as a bargaining chip but I think we all know it isn't one of those cases.

So what is left is negotiating a good deal. The Mings deal last summer is a good pointer to a fee but with the effects of COVID in mind. I think a fee of 20million plus 2million for PL safety after year 1, a million each for 50 and 100 appearances and 5million for an England cap in a competitive fixture and a 20% sell on clause . . . would be fair. Great player without PL experience. Huge potential but equally some questions over physicality at the top level.

Regards

I will give you one "fact" it will be a cold day in hell when anyone ANY CLUB loans a decent player ever again to leeds united to develop them.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Well there is no question the Albions media department will be aware of all this nonsense. Every single tweet they make now is spammed replied #freebenwhite.

Seriously.

How good will it be if Ben signs a new contract this week? Or there’s a photo op with him and GP?

The fall out will be delicious.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Well there is no question the Albions media department will be aware of all this nonsense. Every single tweet they make now is spammed replied #freebenwhite.

Seriously.

How good will it be if Ben signs a new contract this week? Or there’s a photo op with him and GP?

The fall out will be delicious.

Our social media team must have the patience of saints. I'd have gotten bored of all the Leeds replies to our output and told them all to **** off long before now. That "You sir can **** off..." meme would have been overly used by now.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I will give you one "fact" it will be a cold day in hell when anyone ANY CLUB loans a decent player ever again to leeds united to develop them.

I don't know about that but I can't see Brighton lending any players to Leeds in a hurry

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here