Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
You've got hell of a summer then - hope there is some deep pockets because if you're best player is an ok / unproven 22 year old what are the rest?

Sounds like Fulham / Villa all over again

white isn't our best player though. aside from this thread and a load of teenage godsbhite leeds fans anyone else is aware our "best" player rests with others.

and i think you were around when i lost my kids inheritance in leeds those years back, as for deep pockets there is a significant investment the second promotion is confirmed.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
and as for the prem, i don't think it is as just flourishing, but to be honest i'm not even sure i want us to sit around that table and those teams with all their corporate shite. i am fortunate to be old enough to have seen leeds at the top of the pile and while the football in the last 6 or so years has been far from pretty it has been more fun than matteo's goal in the san siro and all those times.

i'm ok where we are!

I agree [MENTION=3003]Starry[/MENTION], the Championship is far more fun for fans than the PL. I know a Villa fan who goes 8-9 times a season, so not entirely a sofa fan, and he positively wants them to go down because he prefers the Championship.
I wasn’t too worried about us staying up because, the Championship is more fun.

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
That depends how you define 'need'. They may each have ENOUGH centre backs, but Dunk would improve literally every one of those squads, and most of the starting teams.

He is IMO unquestionably a better player than:

- Baily or Lindelof at United
- Christiansson, Tomori or Zouma at Chelsea
- Mustafi, Sokratis, Luiz or Holding at Arsenal
- Ottamendi or Garcia at Manchester City
- Lovren at Liverpool (and probably at least the equal of Gomez or Matip)
- Morgan at Leicester
- Sanchez or Dier (as a CB) at Spurs (plus Vertonghen is leaving)

When you put it like this... but my vote says he stays at the Albion! No reason to leave if we become a top 10 team in 2 seasons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
Dunk would get eaten up in midfield in the Prem and in the Championship for that matter. He's a central defender and an excellent one at that. Even considering him another position is folly to me.

People said that about Dan Burn... that Trossard couldn’t defend... that Brighton couldn’t pass the ball... I detect a trend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
nah, i have commented multiple times on this thread about white.

i'd be hacked off if leeds thought spending $30m+ on an unproven 22 year old who has had one ok season against a load of shit teams was good business.

he has done ok for us, nothing more. thank him for a job nicely done and wave him back off down the m1.

Oh look! A Leeds fan being provocative, how quaint, and predictable all at the same time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oh look! A Leeds fan being provocative, how quaint, and predictable all at the same time.

Starry is up there with the most realistic and knowledgable opposition fans imo. He even said a couple of games ago that he expected Leeds to choke again! He is a welcome addition to NSC and good to see him back posting.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004

first time anyone has ever used quaint in a sentence talking about me.

i wasn't intending to be provocative and am big enough to apologise if you took it that way, i have certainly never been on this forum on a wind up. my stance on white hasn't really changed all season.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
first time anyone has ever used quaint in a sentence talking about me.

i wasn't intending to be provocative and am big enough to apologise if you took it that way, i have certainly never been on this forum on a wind up. my stance on white hasn't really changed all season.

Fair play Sir.

(Seems far too polite to be from Yorkshire)

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
On the most recent Athletic podcast devoted to Leeds they are talking about Ben White returning to playing as a defensive midfielder for their last three games of the season to cover for Kelvin Phillips' injury.

It will be interesting to see how Ben gets on with a view to him possibly playing just in front of Dunk and Webster next season.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I was driving my van to the shops on the way home to get a couple of things today.
I pulled up behind a Ford Falcon at the lights and noticed he had a Leeds Utd sticker in his rear window.
Just below it was another sticker of a hand giving the middle finger.
Typical, I thought.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Hope he scores against them next season and sends them back down :albion2: Whilst kissing the badge would be even funnier (but sadly won't happen these days).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here