Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] How are you getting on with your other/better half?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
So far so good for me and Mrs Crodo although we had our first major row last night as I've been wfh and she disappeared for the afternoon and did her own hairstyles and colored and when she came down I didn't notice the difference :nono:, she was absolutely fuming but we have formed a delicate truce this morning. To be honest I'm surprised we've asked thing long without major crossed words.

How are you getting along?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Surprisingly well.

Until yesterday evening when we clashed over Moshe Jnr (12) and his homeschool timetable (she thought that he should be doing "homework" on top of an 08.45-15.00 "school day" as that's what he'd normally be doing - and since he doesn't have to travel to and from school he has more time in his day to get it done... I thought this was a tad on the harsh side and we were all doing very well getting him to buy into doing a full school day with the agreement of finishing at 15.00...) …

and now she hasn't spoken for 18 hours...!!! Pros and cons to that of course but not on the whole a good thing.

("Ever seen my wife making toast, Polly...?" :lolol:)

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The GLDHI (see restaurant thread) came to mine 4 weeks ago, and hasn't left since. She now says that she doesn't want to go back to hers after this CV-19 thing is over.

We were doing just fine until then.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Next year's tomato crop from the back garden is going to be spectacular ..... one way or the other

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Alright...spend most of the day in my office except popping out for a run and making multiple cups of tea/coffee and continual kitchen trips for my all-day grazing so don't speak much. Not much different to normal really as WFH quite a bit before lockdown anyway. She's walking a lot more so out a couple of hours at least most days, and we're all eating together (son still at home and still working) which has been good - more organised than normal as planning meals ahead to avoid shopping very often. Still mostly watching separate TVs in the evening despite the lack of football because I won't sit through the soaps :lolol::lolol:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Few trying times but on the whole ok, we seem to have slipped into a far better routine as far as mealtimes go and I think we are actually eating more healthily

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The GLDHI (see restaurant thread) came to mine 4 weeks ago, and hasn't left since. She now says that she doesn't want to go back to hers after this CV-19 thing is over.

We were doing just fine until then.

Nope, I give up. I looked in the threads – used advanced search and everything –*and still couldn't find out what GLDHI stands for... Put me out of my misery, would you please, Goldstone?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We're ok. There's 4 of us in the house, but we have places to go to get time alone. I'm WFH, but my wife is currently 'stood down' from her job at the local school. We're all getting on ok, and the 2 of us are walking a minimum of 3 miles each day, which is nice.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
So far so good for me and Mrs Crodo although we had our first major row last night as I've been wfh and she disappeared for the afternoon and did her own hairstyles and colored and when she came down I didn't notice the difference :nono:, she was absolutely fuming but we have formed a delicate truce this morning. To be honest I'm surprised we've asked thing long without major crossed words.

How are you getting along?

Did you knock over the bowl of car keys again :whistle:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Rather astutely, my 9-y-o suggested that the three of us were going the way of Lord of the Flies.

There has been tetchiness.

In normal times, me and the dog get on just fine when we're at home all day. It's only since my son and partner have also been at home all day that tensions have happened, so it clearly can't be me - it must be down to them.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Rather astutely, my 9-y-o suggested that the three of us were going the way of Lord of the Flies.

There has been tetchiness.

In normal times, me and the dog get on just fine when we're at home all day. It's only since my son and partner have also been at home all day that tensions have happened, so it clearly can't be me - it must be down to them.

Are you Piggy or Ralph ?....

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I’d have to say much better actually. Mainly along the lines of what others have been saying.

The final piece de la resistance though will be the arrival of my motorised desk to go in the loft so I can finally stand up whilst working and stop being a grumpy arse when my back hurts after five minutes of working in the kitchen.

Being shipped from the US and arriving in ten days and I can’t wait. All day football manager in solitude awaits... [work]

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Pretty good, but that's mainly down to the weather at the moment. Mrs P works at the hospital so is still working her regular full time shifts of 6am-2pm, and when she gets home she is straight out onto the patio sitting in the sunshine whilst I'm wfh.

Last edited:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Pretty good, but that's mainly down to the weather at the moment. Mrs P works at the hospital so is still working her regular full time shits of 6am-2pm, and when she gets home she is straight out onto the patio sitting in the sunshine whilst I'm wfh.

She spends way too long on the pan by the looks of it ;-)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here