Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Oil prices

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not sure this is going to butt**** the world. The reduced use of fuel belongs on the good news thread. And, since it's not the 1970s any more I think the biggest impact here is probably on the futures traders and big oil companies. My heart bleeds...….

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Caused mainly by the way oil is traded. June prices are trading at above $20 a barrel.

Apparently

[edit: we both linked to the same report. :D]

Yep with Brent Oil priced vastly differently to WTI....some though are sure losing a fair bit of dough

Put into perspective Shell for example ended the day down only 6% in NY

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It’s ok. I’m sure one of NSC’s many Virologists will also turn out to be an Oil futures trader on the side and let us know what’s going on.
You are closer to the truth than you know, there are some genius level spread betting people, at least a couple of precious metal experts and a cluster of Bitcoin wizards. There will be one person at least who will know oil better then JR Ewing.

Last edited:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
You are closer to the truth than you know, there are some genius level spread betting people, at least a couple of precious metal experts and a cluster of Bitcoin wizards. There will be one person at least who will know oil better then JR Ewing.

Or just take an interest in the world they live in and dare to form an opinion?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
This mega contango is attractive for anyone looking to invest and prepared to wait 24 months for returns. Also with a bloody big can to put it in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Only Newcastle could be bought by a country who's economy is about to crash.

(Saudi Arabia's economy isn't going to crash)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

It's the US domestic oil/fracking/tar sands industry that's most in peril and, as a consequence, Saudi and other Middle Eastern petro-states that will step into that particular void. So, in short, many on this thread are dissing their beacon, and applauding the consolidation of the biggest funders of Islamic fundamentalism.
It's a topsy turvy world out there.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

mike-ashley-roulette.jpg

(I agree the Saudi economy isn't going to tank but we have to get our laughs where we can right now)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here