Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] God's Country

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Sussex really is a beautiful part of the world. Taken yesterday morning.

View attachment 122513

Yes, could not agree more. We have the Downs, the sea and some beautiful inland countryside. We are very fortunate to be here. When walking through Hastings Country Park, when on a clear day, you can see the hills over Calais, I often think that some folk would give their right arm for a walk such as this.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes, could not agree more. We have the Downs, the sea and some beautiful inland countryside. We are very fortunate to be here. When walking through Hastings Country Park, when on a clear day, you can see the hills over Calais, I often think that some folk would give their right arm for a walk such as this.

Hastings :facepalm:

The grown ups are talking about Sussex not Kent. :lol:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
God's country is tricky to actually locate seeing as lots of people from many different areas seem to think they live there.
Sussex is nice in quite a few of it's locations but is far from being the most picturesque county in Britain.

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
God's country is tricky to actually locate seeing as lots of people from many different areas seem to think they live there.
Sussex is nice in quite a few of it's locations but is far from being the most picturesque county in Britain.

You need to explore it more, it really is.

I'm exiled in crappy, depressing, soul destroying Portsmouth. I miss East Sussex. That is a beautiful photo of the most beautiful county.

But surely you can hop on a ferry to Gosport for a change of scenery :)

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
You need to explore it more, it really is.

Originally from Tunbridge Wells from 0 to 23, spent a lot of that time travelling around Sussex, Mother, Father, Brother and Sister still live in Sussex, probably not a road town or village I have not seen.
Also been to every part of the UK in my lifetime.
If you know something is nice or good you generally keep quiet about it, people of Sussex seem to think they live in Eutopia.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
My home county of Yorkshire claims to be God's own, but there's a reason I've lived in Sussex my whole adult life and the scene in that lovely photo is part of it!

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Originally from Tunbridge Wells from 0 to 23, spent a lot of that time travelling around Sussex, Mother, Father, Brother and Sister still live in Sussex, probably not a road town or village I have not seen.
Also been to every part of the UK in my lifetime.
If you know something is nice or good you generally keep quiet about it, people of Sussex seem to think they live in Eutopia.

Eutopia just outside Arundel?:D

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Ooh, I didn't know that. Not been to Hastings Country Park before I don't think - not sure how. Definitely on the list to visit once allowed to!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Can you guess where this is?

62A331C3-F7E9-426F-9377-B28407F29A05.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here