Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] How is your cooking this lockdown ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’ve just done a good Kashmiri curry on top of last nights Cannaloni. Now I must admit that Mrs Q is very poorly these last few months and so I am taking on more and more duties myself but I’m really enjoying it and most importantly so is Mrs Q.

Did a smashing Tarka Dhal for lunch on Saturday with chapatis.

Ohh and home made tortellinis with a creamy mushroom and asparagus sauce Friday..

COME ON FOLKS SHOW ME YOUR TITBITS.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've just served the kids 'chocolate surprise' for pudding.

The surprise being there was still chocolate in the house.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
I’ve just done a good Kashmiri curry on top of last nights Cannaloni. Now I must admit that Mrs Q is very poorly these last few months and so I am taking on more and more duties myself but I’m really enjoying it and most importantly so is Mrs Q.

Ohh and home made tortellinis with a creamy mushroom and asparagus sauce Friday..

Well, the most important thing is to wish Mrs Q well.

I’m sure you’re delicious meals will be helping :clap:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I cook all the time anyway. Eating much more potato than usual as that's all there's lots of in butchers and supermarkets. Normally live off rice and pasta.
Making gnocchi tomorrow I think

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I normally travel a lot for work and cook and clean when I get back to make up for my absence. I've been taking over as chief cook and bottle washer for the last few weeks and was thinking of starting a similar thread.

We've got a "supermarket delivery cartel" with another couple and their kids and we try and book slots when we hear they are available and then split the allowed items in half, which has really helped as I'm isolating due to a cough. Wickies meat delivered the other week and we've found farm shops etc who will do the same.

All of which explains why I did Saag Paneer from scratch last week, beef ragu tonight and slow roast shoulder of lamb with Yorkshire puddings, celeriac puree, roasted carrots and proper gravy yesterday. We're nearly out of proper protein but there's a shitload of veg in so I'm forseeing more veggie curries, risottos and stir fries.

The only thing we haven't had a lot of is pasta as there was **** all available when I could still go out, so I've got used to using rice, spuds or no starchy carbs at all.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia

Tarka Dhal, where did you find otter?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Just cooked and devoured a killer stir-fry.
Brown a diced chicken breast and some spicy chorizo in a wok.
When chicken has lost all its pinkyness, chuck in a family bag of vegetable stir-fry and a couple of chopped chillies.
Add a large table-spoon of Reggae Reggae sauce, a few drops of Tabasco and a pinch of chilli flakes.
After the vegetables have gone a bit soft, add a bag of "Straight-to-wok" Singapore noodles.
Keep tossing and stirring and four minutes later, heaven.
Does me two meals.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Pretty good we have a local butcher and greengrocer doing regular deliveries and the bread from Real Patisserie. Definitely eating more healthily than normal. Son who is at home with us during lockdown has his birthday today so cooking steak in peppercorn sauce with home made chips.
Favourite so far is shin of beef made with beer (Bristol porter). Slumming it!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Cook fresh meals most nights

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Well [MENTION=5306]Questions[/MENTION] as you asked Mrs Barham’s Tash and I have always been foodies but like most people with not enough time on their hands pre lockdown it would be simplicity and convenience over experimentation or protracted recipes but we’ve really pushed the boat out atm.

My highlight was on Saturday when I did cauliflower stakes en papillote brushed with pine nut, chilli, garlic salt and smoked paprika butter served with home pickled beetroot, hassleback Maris pipers and a fresh mozzarella, sugar drop drop tomato and basil salad - was fantastic.

Ps hope Mrs Questions gets well soon.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Sunday was my 60th birthday, I used the outdoor bbq oven and grill to do an Indian style roast lamb, crayfish in garlic butter, seasoned porterhouse steaks plus some burgers and sausages. Mrs O made salad and veggies indoors. All 5 family members in attendance, plus one other. All washed down with wine and beer. We had a good time considering.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Waffles and baked beans is my specialty

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here