Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] World Test XI

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Australians are cock-a-hoop. They're mobbing Border and Warne - the leggie took seven wickets, again.
There are lots of pats on the back for Stokes - that was a valiant effort by the all-rounder, he had little choice in the end - Underwood couldn't be expected to survive on a turning wicket for too long.

That's two-all in the series and the final test at the Oval in two weeks time

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Well it was Bradman and Warne that did it, the best ever Batsman and Bowler so you can't be too surprised.

Many thanks to Gwylan as ever. Much to think about before the Oval, especially Larwood's injury...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Well it was Bradman and Warne that did it, the best ever Batsman and Bowler so you can't be too surprised.

Many thanks to Gwylan as ever. Much to think about before the Oval, especially Larwood's injury...

It's been confirmed this evening that Larwood is definitely out. It's also been confirmed that the the county/state conditions have been lifted for the final test so both sides are free to pick whoever they want

Australia have already added Steve Waugh and Glen McGrath to the squad.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
It's been confirmed this evening that Larwood is definitely out. It's also been confirmed that the the county/state conditions have been lifted for the final test so both sides are free to pick whoever they want

Australia have already added Steve Waugh and Glen McGrath to the squad.

Barnes must come back for Larwood. Not sure Underwood is doing enough as our spinner, certainly not doing enough with the bat - Swann or Verity?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Might not be a popular opinion but I'm putting the blame for this firmly in Prior's court.

He didn't need to go after Warne or push the score. He had Stokes with him.

JUST STAY IN FFS.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
With country rules relaxed, we must pick Swann.

I'd go for Verity myself - Swann is very effective against left handers but Australia have just two in their team. Having said that, Verity (like Underwood) got a lot of his success on uncovered wickets while Swann is much more used to bowling on these surfaces. He's a dab hand at DRS too

England may also want to consider Trueman but the Oval is generally a good batting wicket so all out pace may not be so effective (apart from when Holding and Malcolm bowled out of their skins)

England have a got a few hard decisions to make: has Compton done enough to keep his place? Should they bring Knott back? He's the better keeper and Prior hasn't made the most of his batting.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Selectors Meeting due this week

Main issue must be the lack of Larwood, Trueman must come into contention but Willis was pretty handy vs the Convicts?

I'm worried that we simply haven't got the spin bowler to counter Warne.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Selectors Meeting due this week

Main issue must be the lack of Larwood, Trueman must come into contention but Willis was pretty handy vs the Convicts?

I'm worried that we simply haven't got the spin bowler to counter Warne.

Final Test this week, thread needs a bounce, crucial Game coming up as it is 2-2.
Without Larwood I'm worried about our bowling - Trueman in?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here