Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aviation industry and Covid-19

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If that is for the islands the cases are linked to mainland Spain and not brits abroad

Also

From 2 July, the Spanish government requires all arrivals to Spain from the UK to present on entry one of the following: a negative COVID-19 test; or proof of vaccination. See Testing and vaccination requirements for arrivals from the UK for details.

A possible fly in the ointment for some (paper talk?)

Up to five million Britons face being locked out of European holidays because their vaccines are not recognised by the EU's passport scheme, the Telegraph has learned.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Up to five million Britons face being locked out of European holidays because their vaccines are not recognised by the EU's passport scheme, the Telegraph has learned.

Same for states (they are not recognising the AZ at all) I’m sure it will be cleared up soon

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Same for states (they are not recognising the AZ at all) I’m sure it will be cleared up soon
It surely should be cleared up. After all, the reason these jabs have not been approved is that the EU and/or the USA have not done the tests to prove they are safe to inject. There isn't any doubt that people who have been injected (and survived) are significantly better or worse protected than people who had other jabs.

The worry is that the common sense approach of accepting anyone who has received a working jab, is overrideen by the jobsworth approach of "the rules say no". Will anyone, politician or civil servant, have the gumption to state the obvious and treat AstraZeneca vaccinees the same as the rest?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It surely should be cleared up. After all, the reason these jabs have not been approved is that the EU and/or the USA have not done the tests to prove they are safe to inject. There isn't any doubt that people who have been injected (and survived) are significantly better or worse protected than people who had other jabs.

The worry is that the common sense approach of accepting anyone who has received a working jab, is overrideen by the jobsworth approach of "the rules say no". Will anyone, politician or civil servant, have the gumption to state the obvious and treat AstraZeneca vaccinees the same as the rest?

I’ve no doubt it will, but there was issue with the data AZ presented and I’m not sure where they are with re-submitting.

They know it works it’s just box ticking

What doesn’t help is this “its payback for brexit” line when it comes to europe.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Not quite, no - Astra Zeneca have not even submitted their vaccine for approval in the US yet.

The last item of news on this was that they were mulling going for full approval rather than seeking EUA first.

Frankly, I'm not sure why they'd waste the time and effort - the US is over-flowing with vaccines and they have no need for AZ.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If that is for the islands the cases are linked to mainland Spain and not brits abroad

Also

From 2 July, the Spanish government requires all arrivals to Spain from the UK to present on entry one of the following: a negative COVID-19 test; or proof of vaccination. See Testing and vaccination requirements for arrivals from the UK for details.

July 2 is too late, they've been letting people in untested, unvax'd for weeks - cases now increasing more than us (80% last 7 days)

I know they were desperate, but their season looks seriously in peril now as people in power made stupid decisions.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
July 2 is too late, they've been letting people in untested, unvax'd for weeks - cases now increasing more than us (80% last 7 days)

I know they were desperate, but their season looks seriously in peril now as people in power made stupid decisions.

With the cases linked back elsewhere.....

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Brilliant, the whole time during the vaccine rollout, the UK Government were playing up the Oxford element of the dose, and then kept quiet that 5 million doses where made in India.
I'm sure that the blue wall with be pleased with this.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
With the cases linked back elsewhere.....

I'm not sure how many Brits have travelled to Spain in the last few weeks.

But for anyone on furlough £15 fares with no need for even a test is too good to resist, especially with the weather being shit.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I'm not sure how many Brits have travelled to Spain in the last few weeks.

But for anyone on furlough £15 fares with no need for even a test is too good to resist, especially with the weather being shit.

Right, but you made out it was down to the brits travelling when its not, it’s the Spanish - so how many brits travelling there is irrelevant.

And you need a test to get in and back to the U.K, or be fully vaccinated to get into Spain.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here