Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1724252627282930 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nor am I, and I shouldn't have included that line in my post, as it has clearly distracted from the point that suppression of virus transmission is a battle waged on multiple fronts.

To suggest that one aspect of that battle should be the priority, suggesting multiple strands can not be worked on in parallel, is up there with the thickos who moan about Albion recruiting for the development squad during a transfer window with "Why have we done this? The recruitment team should be focused on bringing in a first team striker".
    I agree completely that a lot of these things should have been done in parallel, something this Government has been particularly poor at.

I think it was identified very early (certainly by S Korea, Germany and the WHO) that efficient testing (<48 hrs) and, subsequently tracking, were a pre-requisite to making many of these parallel actions efficient including Hospital admissions, Care Homes, Health visitors, High risk Categories, Essential Workers, Fatality rates and spread of the disease, as well as any lessening of lockdown rules later on. I'm sorry but hundreds of thousands of test kits being put in the post in order to meet some meaningless 'target' is not helping to focus on setting up an efficient testing system.

To say I am a little disappointed to be this far into the pandemic without an efficient testing system in place (let alone tracking) would be an understatement. But let's hope we finally address this and quickly
    Last edited by WATFORD zero; 23-05-2020 at 15:14.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-priority.html

Spanish tourism chief raging at the new quarantine rules, who is behind this blanket quarantine idea? It seems the ministers and backbencher are against it, most of the public think it’s total nonsense but yet it’s happening.
      Im The Scatman

0 Not allowed!
      TUI and other airline/carriers have rocketed since markets reopened yesterday morning, I don’t normally invest in markets but when I saw TUI share prices at 249 the other day compared to 900 before Coronavirus i very nearly bought my first shares Then thought better if it as I have no clue how stocks work, share price up from 298 to 565 since yesterday morning.

I think I’ve decided once it is declared safe I’m going to book all aspects of our holiday individually as holiday packages are ridiculously high at the moment plus going direct to the hotel and local transfers could help support them more rather than putting more money in TUI’s pocket, who despite the fact I was one of the lucky ones who did get a refund from, Ive been left less than impressed by how they’ve communicated throughout this entire thing.
      Still Got. A Vote wellquickwoody's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Self quarantine does not work as proven here. The idea was that people entering Oz would name an address and stay there for two weeks, with the threat of a $1600 fine if they were caught out. So many were caught that the rules were changed to enforced quarantine in commandeered hotels.

But to be honest the virus is out there in the UK in general circulation, it is too little too late now.
      Old Git from Crystal Palace is a convicted *****, but he won’t tell you that!
      Im The Scatman

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard View Post
      TUI and other airline/carriers have rocketed since markets reopened yesterday morning, I don’t normally invest in markets but when I saw TUI share prices at 249 the other day compared to 900 before Coronavirus i very nearly bought my first shares Then thought better if it as I have no clue how stocks work, share price up from 298 to 565 since yesterday morning.

I think I’ve decided once it is declared safe I’m going to book all aspects of our holiday individually as holiday packages are ridiculously high at the moment plus going direct to the hotel and local transfers could help support them more rather than putting more money in TUI’s pocket, who despite the fact I was one of the lucky ones who did get a refund from, Ive been left less than impressed by how they’ve communicated throughout this entire thing.
      I brought £200 worth of delta shares when they hit $20 a share from $60.

waiting game
      Im The Scatman

0 Not allowed!
      4K jobs at easyJet cut

0 Not allowed!
      I have flights booked for 27th July Gatwick to Palma. Per their website seats for the flight are still being sold but as I understand it there are no BA planes operating from Gatwick

Has it been announced if/when BA will be flying from Gatwick again?
      You can tell them all that we'll stand or fall for Sussex by the Sea
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by surrey jim View Post
      I have flights booked for 27th July Gatwick to Palma. Per their website seats for the flight are still being sold but as I understand it there are no BA planes operating from Gatwick

Has it been announced if/when BA will be flying from Gatwick again?
      Nope...... BA will be taking all the revenue they can while there is a chance. They've canned some international routes permanently & pulled out of Leeds Bradford permanently. However just because they are still selling seats on a route, does not mean they are confident it will operate
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I did see 2 jet planes in the sky yesterday

Not seen any for months