Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aviation industry and Covid-19

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
yes November 21 is the date being slung around currently......or until a " viable vaccine" is on the market.......sux balls imho.
Sensible decision. What's the point of locking down the country whilst importing cases?

Wish the UK would've shut down the airspace, until pre flight tests and 14 day quarantine in hotels are mandated. Would stop people feeling the selfish need to mince off unnecessarily to the canaries for a couple of weeks during a pandemic.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Sensible decision. What's the point of locking down the country whilst importing cases?

Wish the UK would've shut down the airspace, until pre flight tests and 14 day quarantine in hotels are mandated. Would stop people feeling the selfish need to mince off unnecessarily to the canaries for a couple of weeks during a pandemic.

well yes there is always that ...but is it really a deadly pandemic ..??...is it really..??

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
well yes there is always that ...but is it really a deadly pandemic ..??...is it really..??

Now, it's not often I want to shout **** off at my computer screen, but on this occasion I will make an exception - **** off!

Please excuse the profanity, but come on, are you living in some sort of bubble, isolated from the rest of the world... you may not agree with the way things are being handled, but yes this IS a deadly pandemic!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Now, it's not often I want to shout **** off at my computer screen, but on this occasion I will make an exception - **** off!

Please excuse the profanity, but come on, are you living in some sort of bubble, isolated from the rest of the world... you may not agree with the way things are being handled, but yes this IS a deadly pandemic!

ok ...if thats what you reckon..:bigwave:...and im not taking the piss i just thought your post warranted a reply.....take care , good luck.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Without trying to turn this into a Panto turn, oh yes it is....

pandemic
/panˈdɛmɪk/

adjective
(of a disease) prevalent over a whole country or the world.

you won't get me here mate ....7.5 billion ***** on the planet is more than enough...no one wants to peg out obviously..... I've knock knock knocked on heavens door 3 times ....55 yrs old :thumbsup:....such is life ,it may be a pandemic .....you gotta die of something.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
you won't get me here mate ....7.5 billion ***** on the planet is more than enough...no one wants to peg out obviously..... I've knock knock knocked on heavens door 3 times ....55 yrs old :thumbsup:....such is life ,it may be a pandemic .....you gotta die of something.

Tell that to your Mum, Dad, brother or sister, I am sure they will be delighted with your empathy!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Tell that to your Mum, Dad, brother or sister, I am sure they will be delighted with your empathy!

mum & dad both dead .....2 brothers in their 60's neither of them in particularly good health one of them battling bone cancer , he's a chronic asthmatic he hasn't been out much since march and when he does he wears a mask and is careful about distancing and hygiene , the other has Silicosis so he is also being careful and wearing a mask and distancing .....i dare say neither of them would cope well with the virus.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
mum & dad both dead .....2 brothers in their 60's neither of them in particularly good health one of them battling bone cancer , he's a chronic asthmatic he hasn't been out much since march and when he does he wears a mask and is careful about distancing and hygiene , the other has Silicosis so he is also being careful and wearing a mask and distancing .....i dare say neither of them would cope well with the virus.

And yet you still have a devil may care attitude..

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You don't book a holiday in any serious expection of going anywhere anymore. You go thru the motions of using up some of your big batch of Easyjet credits on booking flights, you select your booking.com accomodation as much on the strength of its cancellation policy as anything else. Then you have to unravel the whole thing a couple of weeks or months later. I've been zapped twice in the past month alone. Some chums have been thru this circus five or six times this year. It's a sickener for all concerned. Feel really sorry for those service providers trying to provide a decent service under impossible circumstances

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
You don't book a holiday in any serious expection of going anywhere anymore. You go thru the motions of using up some of your big batch of Easyjet credits on booking flights, you select your booking.com accomodation as much on the strength of its cancellation policy as anything else. Then you have to unravel the whole thing a couple of weeks or months later. I've been zapped twice in the past month alone. Some chums have been thru this circus five or six times this year. It's a sickener for all concerned. Feel really sorry for those service providers trying to provide a decent service under impossible circumstances

From what I have been told, this will smash the short haul companies - easyjet/ryan air - more than the lon haul companies - as they have calculated low numbers anyway.

We will see one big airline fail soon, if it is easyjet Gatwick may as well close.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

a punch in the face?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
You just have to hold the nerve and book a week max out from when you want to travel. I've had 5 trips abroad this year.

Looking to go to Mexico for a month in December and will try and travel to Peru and Belize while there.

On a side note i notice that there still quite a few flights going from Gatwick and Heathrow today !!!

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You just have to hold the nerve and book a week max out from when you want to travel. I've had 5 trips abroad this year.

Looking to go to Mexico for a month in December and will try and travel to Peru and Belize while there.

On a side note i notice that there still quite a few flights going from Gatwick and Heathrow today !!!

Must be going out empty shirley, to bring folks home from abroad

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

no quarantine ...??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here