May 8, 2018
113de417d4110883c7d6a76790cd9dc8.jpg

116d10c877d9bf92864bd5da1eee0adf.jpg

Shane Long anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Makes sense now why Bloom seemed to suggest they could go again with the same squad next season, as the transfer market will be relatively stagnant. Especially with the loan players coming back

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
They have missed Balogun off the list.

All 3 of ours who are out of contract may well go, but if we stay up and are saving cash then Schelotto may get another contract if we are minimising new signings.

Then again, we were previously linked to that Manquillo chap at Newcastle ( right back ) on the list above.

Overall, I suspect a maximum of 2 new signings in the summer if we stay up, but if Andone is rehabilitated, and Molumby steps up, there may actually be none !

Last edited:

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Nathaniel Clyne might be interesting? I say that not really knowing what his situation (has he been out on loan?) but can understand why he hasn't got a game with TAA and Robertson.. l think full-backs are still needed by us (albeit Lamptey/Bernardo hopefully longer term options) and he was highly regarded not so long ago..

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Nathaniel Clyne might be interesting? I say that not really knowing what his situation (has he been out on loan?) but can understand why he hasn't got a game with TAA and Robertson.. l think full-backs are still needed by us (albeit Lamptey/Bernardo hopefully longer term options) and he was highly regarded not so long ago..

The thing about Clyne is how much of a billy big bollocks is he? And wages might be a problem - I reckon even at Southampton he was probably earning the upper limit of our budget.

Not sure I agree Bernardo being a 'longer term' option - hes 25 in a few weeks!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Surprised Matty Longstaff is on the Newcastle list.

Weren't Man United after him last summer?

Yes... hence not signing a new deal yet I guess

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Also, with prices for players dipping then this summer may be the perfect time to sign a striker ?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Andy Carroll & Shane Long for me. That should see the goals flying in next season.

Andy Carroll would be a contender for sick note of the decade if we signed him. so it's a no from me.

However I raise you Adam Lallana. We did sign another class midfielder from Liverpool once before....................

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Wages and attitude would be the problem with any of the names on that list deemed to have some of talent. I would say Lallana might be worth a look but would he come to Brighton to actually put a shift in? I doubt it. & wages would be too high.

All the other names of note on that list dont fit our criteria;

Ryan Fraser - Arsenal were interested so wont come to us.
Jordan Ibe - Spent too much time injured recently
All the chelsea players - too old, high wages, wont come to us.
David Silva - Will stay with City or go to Spain
Shane Long - Maybe a few years ago worth considering, but not now & scoring record not good enough.
Jan Vertongen - Wages too high & wouldnt come to us.
Ben Foster - Will sign a new contract with Watford

So its a no from me....

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Andy Carroll would be a contender for sick note of the decade if we signed him. so it's a no from me.

However I raise you Adam Lallana. We did sign another class midfielder from Liverpool once before....................

I imagine the poster made the suggestion about Andy Carroll and Shane long tongue in cheek, (I hope so anyway!).

We would be well down the list of clubs Adam Lallana would consider, and in any case his wage demands would be far too high, even in a post Coronavirus world.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Andy Naylor's article in the Athletic shows the way we are going.
Walton , Lampety, White, Ostigard, Gyokeres, Molumby, Connolly, Sanders....

Only one on list is the Everton forward Niasse who called were interested in previously.

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Interesting how many players Bmuff seem to have allowed to run down their contracts. Possibly part of a contingency plan against relegation?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I imagine the poster made the suggestion about Andy Carroll and Shane long tongue in cheek, (I hope so anyway!).

We would be well down the list of clubs Adam Lallana would consider, and in any case his wage demands would be far too high, even in a post Coronavirus world.

True,but we can dream :)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not keen on any of them tbf.

The squad is good, dont really need any signings. Just add Östigard, Molumby and Gyökeres (and maybe a promising goalie) to the squad and we're good to go.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Andy Naylor's article in the Athletic shows the way we are going.
Walton , Lampety, White, Ostigard, Gyokeres, Molumby, Connolly, Sanders....

Only one on list is the Everton forward Niasse who called were interested in previously.

Sanders is out of contract at the end of the season. It is pretty unusual for Albion (or any club, for that matter) to send a young player who they like long-term, out on loan in the final year of his contract without locking him up. I really rate Max, and hope Albion offer him a longer deal, but the club are leaving it late if they are planning on keeping him.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Who is this William playing for Chelsea? Gallas?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here