Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Football drive-in

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Football drive-in, could we do this in the uk?

Not sure where it would work but ideas would be anywhere with a large car park where a screen could be erected. Staying in the car would help with distancing, Bluetooth a commentary through your phone or in car stereo and have folk walking round selling food. If it’s an a weekend or evening are there any large employers car parks left empty, something out of town, or even a farmers field if it’s In the summer months?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52347927

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1252129874933944321[/tweet]

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The providers of the venue would have to ensure the quality of the food and queues for the bogs are up to the normal standard.

Will 1901ers get better seats and an umbrella stand?

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
[tweet]1252129874933944321[/tweet]

If they had a speaker set up for each seat we could transmit our singing! Along with the inevitable collective groans when Stephens plays the ball in any direction rather than forward, as much as that normally winds me up I'd love to hear any football crowd noise right now!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If they had a speaker set up for each seat we could transmit our singing! Along with the inevitable collective groans when Stephens plays the ball in any direction rather than forward, as much as that normally winds me up I'd love to hear any football crowd noise right now!

My mannequin will make more noise than me, take up considerably less space and spend the same amount of money.

#BadFan.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
The providers of the venue would have to ensure the quality of the food and queues for the bogs are up to the normal standard.

Pee in a Lucozade bottle, poo in a Tesco bag for life, perhaps I have worked on the road for too long….. well, not at the moment, perhaps I should start using the toilet while in lockdown. Old habits die hard.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
What is the point ? It is still not proper football.

If it is streamed, why not watch it at home ?

Your obviously enjoying this "Stay at home" lock down lark a wee bit more than me then! I'd bite your hand off for 2/3 hours out of my house, even if it was sat in a car watching football on a big screen with a load of other fans. In normal circumstances I’d agree with you but after 4 or even bloody 12 weeks of this sh!t I’ll take any port in a storm.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Pointless IMO. Better to watch it on the TV or streamed on-line but I even hate that idea.

I go to the football because of the fans and the occasion/atmosphere. If you've ever watched a match on TV played to an empty stadium it's pretty dull. Sadly if we have to play behind closed doors for much of next season but the games are televised, I wouldn't bother watching. Just like a band playing a gig to an empty arena and then streaming it - it's just not what I want to see.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Your obviously enjoying this "Stay at home" lock down lark a wee bit more than me then! I'd bite your hand off for 2/3 hours out of my house, even if it was sat in a car watching football on a big screen with a load of other fans. In normal circumstances I’d agree with you but after 4 or even bloody 12 weeks of this sh!t I’ll take any port in a storm.
Good point. I have absolutely no problem staying in. I could do it for years I reckon.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

They get to park their Range Rovers across two spaces.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Well I like the idea. Still can't drink in you seat though. Unless you've got someone to drive home for you. Need to think about where you'd have a slash though

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What is the point ? It is still not proper football.

If it is streamed, why not watch it at home ?

I think you're forgetting this bit...

Live footage of the car-park will then be screened inside the MCH Arena to enable players to feel the fans’ presence.​

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here