NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpeg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The minimum wage for someone of her age is £4.35 per hour.

I'd say this is less a joke and more a case of slave labour.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I'm more worried that a "Joke du Jour" is posted on here at almost eight o'clock in the evening, meaning that it's only got about four hours of its life left. :down:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Health and safety will be all over that, hard hat or not.

I don’t think hard helmets are appropriate where young 5 year olds are around and listening do you ? I’m out of this malarkey

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Jewsons' can be unreliable, though, so she has a point.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I'm more worried that a "Joke du Jour" is posted on here at almost eight o'clock in the evening, meaning that it's only got about four hours of its life left. :down:

Perhaps "Joke du Soir" would be more apt?

Regardless, with British legislation regarding child labour being in existence since the Factory Act of 1833 which prohibited the employment of children younger than 9 years of age, it's clearly a disturbing account of exploitation at its basest.

One can only hope that the child protection authorities were notified and the young girl taken into care due to a clear abdication of parenting responsibilities.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I’m no construction expert, but this sounds fairly improbable to me.

A team of just three people (Steve, Mike and Wayne) has been on site for a week. They’ve also not been working at maximum efficiency, since they’re devoting part of their time to entertaining a small child. Similarly H&S would limit some tasks from being performed if there are minors on site.

Nonetheless, the child is claiming they’re already at the stage of needing bricks.

Is this realistic? I would imagine that clearing and leveling the site, digging and preparing foundations and so on would take at least that long. Especially given the compromised working conditions described above.

Do we have any builders on NSC who could vouch for the veracity of the child’s claim?

Otherwise, I feel this may be a case of a child making stuff up, which - as we all know - they are prone to do. And thus the punchline is, in fact, nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
What is the need for the child to go to the shop, pocket money or not, it's an unnecessary risk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Seeing this enjoyable trope getting an airing has made me realise:-

'NSC hasn't really changed throughout this global pandemic'.

:bowdown: one and all.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here