Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton Images 1995-2002 (More Than 90 Minutes Project)

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
For those who were there a little trip down memory lane and for those who were not an eye opener of how we used to be. As we are all meant to be at home Ive just uploaded a few hundred unedited, un cropped rough negs from The Goldstone, Gillingham and early days including the reconstruction of the Withdean Stadium. If anyone is interested in prints unfortunately I don't have the time to do these but feel free to take a screen grab (don't right click mouse or drag and drop image because its security locked). If anyone is interested Im planning on at least producing a 25th anniversary exhibition and possibly a book so please follow me on Instagram or Facebook to keep up to date. Any questions please email stewartweir@icloud.com

Enjoy!

https://stewartweir.com/albums/56WyQb/more-than-twenty-minutes

Last edited:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Many amazing shots.
Will always remember the brilliant Paul McCarthy. RIP

I think I'm in quite a few of the crowd pics, but can only actually see myself in one!

Last edited:

Jimmy Grimble

Brilliant shots. Thank you.

Wish we had something equivalent to this for the years we’ve been at The Amex so far. I’m guessing it’s virtually impossible for an independent photographer to get that kind of access in the modern era. A real shame.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The use of monochrome sums up the depressing era of the photographs, as at the time the light at the end of the tunnel was someway off.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Top Top stuff there Mr Weir, Where was the one of Dick Knight and the dick Archer sitting at a table taken?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Great set of pictures documenting a very different time at this football club.

I wonder how many of the Amex crowd don't know that time even existed?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Great set of pictures documenting a very different time at this football club.

I wonder how many of the Amex crowd don't know that time even existed?

I had to very divergent thoughts:

1. How many people is those photos are no longer with us. Obviously, we've lost a few notable members of the fanbase, but there must be so many more
2. I wonder where all the kids in the photos are now? Are they still Albion supporters, are they on here?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Fantastic thanks Stuart. Those kids sat on the wall in the first pic on the second row are right where I used to sit (north west terrace) but sadly I'm not there. Probably because we moved into the North Stand for much of the last season.

There was a poster which may have been done by you taken from the north west terrace towards the north stand, circa 1995, with me sat on the wall. My geography teacher had it on his wall in circa 1997 - would love a copy of this if it's around somewhere?! I think it was called Homes of Football or something?

WARNING to everyone, there are pictures of Bellotti.

Edit: There I am, brilliant! Not sure where it was? Somewhere with terracing with seats behind? Any ideas?

me.PNG

Last edited:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Great pictures.

Many memories - so good - some not so much.

Theses should be put at The Amex to remind people how far we've come.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here