Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] One World: Together At Home - Covid-19 Benefit Concert Tonight BBC1/Ch5

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I know a certain poster will be licking his lips at the thought of being able to watch all his favourite musical artists in one concert.

All artists broadcasting from their own homes.

Features the Rolling Stones each of them playing from their individual homes and sounding quite together considering the circumstances. Charlie Watts noticeably helps pull them together...

https://youtu.be/N7pZgQepXfA

These programmes are highlights. You can watch the full concert online

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/entertainment-arts-52333890

Tonight on:
BBC1: 7.45pm - 9.15pm

and:
Channel 5: 10.55pm - 12.50pm

Not sure if they'll be showing all the same artists but Ch5 is half hour longer but that extra might just account for the ads.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Many artists find their voices decline in later years. I’ve watched one of the clips that matters from the concert and can confirm the magnificence the musical genius that is Stevie Wonder still has it in spades. His clip merges a brief version of Lean On Me in honour of Bill Withers with part of his own brilliant Love’s In Need Of Love Today - just a class act. I’ve seen him once live and he was outstanding!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Ooh it’s a corner;9319397 said:
Many artists find their voices decline in later years. I’ve watched one of the clips that matters from the concert and can confirm the magnificence the musical genius that is Stevie Wonder still has it in spades. His clip merges a brief version of Lean On Me in honour of Bill Withers with part of his own brilliant Love’s In Need Of Love Today - just a class act. I’ve seen him once live and he was outstanding!

Stevie Wonder is one of those who is just way too musically talented to lose his ability... his career never was about some sexy aura or hyped up drug orgies or controversial lyrics... always 100% skill and talent. If his voice started to crumble a bit he would just go down a tone or whatever and make it sound equally great as before. I find a lot of his music a bit... dull, but he is a musical genius.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Had it on in the background, had to stop what I was doing when I heard John Legend belt out one of my all-time favourite songs...sadly he included Sam Smith, who took any passion or beauty out of the song, but that's life.

Some v good performances so far - saw bits last night and loved Hosier & Maren Morris' doing The Bones.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
"Um nill nandin..." :lol:

Bloody hell I think my wife and I found that even funnier than you intended it to be. We're both in tears. I was trying to tell her but I couldnt get the words out so i had to show her which sent her off too.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Had it on in the background, had to stop what I was doing when I heard John Legend belt out one of my all-time favourite songs...sadly he included Sam Smith, who took any passion or beauty out of the song, but that's life.

Some v good performances so far - saw bits last night and loved Hosier & Maren Morris' doing The Bones.

Yes I thought the same about the Legend / Smith duet.
Eddie Vedder was good. Great voice. I liked the old sea shanty sound of the old organ he was playing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here