Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Ben White: Five-year-old fan offers pocket money to make loan deal at Leeds permanent

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
How sweet!

"If you’re going to save up your pocket money, it might as well be for something special.

A new toy perhaps? The latest PlayStation or Xbox game? Or how about a footballer…

The answer was an easy one for five-year-old Leeds United fan Daniel Auton.

There was only one thing he was going to spend his hard-earned cash on - on-loan defender Ben White.

Writing to Brighton chief executive Paul Barber, Daniel asked “if at all possible” he would allow Championship leaders Leeds to “please please please buy Ben at the end of the season”.

Daniel had done all the hard work, too.

“I have counted all my pennies in my piggy bank and I have £15.07 if this helps.”

Unfortunately for Daniel though, his letter in return from Barber wasn’t quite what he would have hoped for.

“It’s very good of you to offer all of your money to help your club, and you clearly have a very good eye for exceptional young talent - perhaps scouting players could be your future job,” Barber said.

“We have given your kind offer the serious consideration it deserves but I know our head coach, Graham Potter, and our technical director, Dan Ashworth, both consider Ben to be a very important part of our future plans so I’m afraid we are unable to sell Ben to Leeds United at this time.”

There is some hope for Daniel, and all Whites fans, though.

Leeds owner Andrea Radrizzani soon tweeted: “We will top up your offer for Ben and go back to Mr Barber.”"

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Sauce?

:needpics:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
How sweet!

"If you’re going to save up your pocket money, it might as well be for something special.

A new toy perhaps? The latest PlayStation or Xbox game? Or how about a footballer…

The answer was an easy one for five-year-old Leeds United fan Daniel Auton.

There was only one thing he was going to spend his hard-earned cash on - on-loan defender Ben White.

Writing to Brighton chief executive Paul Barber, Daniel asked “if at all possible” he would allow Championship leaders Leeds to “please please please buy Ben at the end of the season”.

Daniel had done all the hard work, too.

“I have counted all my pennies in my piggy bank and I have £15.07 if this helps.”

Unfortunately for Daniel though, his letter in return from Barber wasn’t quite what he would have hoped for.

“It’s very good of you to offer all of your money to help your club, and you clearly have a very good eye for exceptional young talent - perhaps scouting players could be your future job,” Barber said.

“We have given your kind offer the serious consideration it deserves but I know our head coach, Graham Potter, and our technical director, Dan Ashworth, both consider Ben to be a very important part of our future plans so I’m afraid we are unable to sell Ben to Leeds United at this time.”

There is some hope for Daniel, and all Whites fans, though.

Leeds owner Andrea Radrizzani soon tweeted: “We will top up your offer for Ben and go back to Mr Barber.”"

Not sure rounding it up to £20 is going to help

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
2c28a0x7ikt41.jpg

The kid is a threat.

He is trying to steal Ben White.

His handwriting is better than mine.

He got more money than me.

He is stealing my mail buddy.

Still... gonna remain classy and wish him a moderately successful life.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
He might be sweet now, but he will no doubt grow up into the normal Leeds fan!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Suspiciously good handwriting for a 5 year old, not to mention the composition style of a trainee lawyer:

"...regarding a player of yours who is currently... the player in question is..."

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I would hold firm and write back to the lad and tell him he will need to double his offer before a deal would be considered 😬

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Suspiciously good handwriting for a 5 year old, not to mention the composition style of a trainee lawyer:

"...regarding a player of yours who is currently... the player in question is..."

Joined up writing at five years old?

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
I have two, just turned six year old grandchildren, both are bright and intelligent, but neither write that neatly!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Are many five year olds that into football ??? Not in my experience

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Joined up writing at five years old?

I’m afraid so. My daughter is 7 and is writing beautiful joined up writing.
The school were very harsh on them when they started a couple of years ago and the slightest ‘swish’ out of place on a spelling meant she got marked down.
I had more than a couple of debates with her teachers about it.
Once, she spelt ‘Plethora’ correctly, but got a point docked as she didn’t finish off the letter ‘a’ appropriately.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

The cynical side of me really doesn't believe that woz ritten bi a 5 year old fan, more like a 55 yo.
Hopefully I'll be proven wrong.

Or......
£15.07 equates to £15 agents fee & 7p for the player.
Did the 5 yo forge PB signature.....???

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I’m afraid so. My daughter is 7 and is writing beautiful joined up writing.
The school were very harsh on them when they started a couple of years ago and the slightest ‘swish’ out of place on a spelling meant she got marked down.
I had more than a couple of debates with her teachers about it.
Once, she spelt ‘Plethora’ correctly, but got a point docked as she didn’t finish off the letter ‘a’ appropriately.

This is Leeds, we’re talking about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here