Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton among clubs looking at fake crowd noise behind closed doors

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/clubs-looking-at-fake-crowd-noise-behind-closed-doors-dlclp3mm5

Cant read the full article because its behind a paywall but heres the opening part:
"Brighton & Hove Albion are one of a number of Premier League clubs that have discussed playing artificial crowd noise to generate an atmosphere should the football season resume behind closed doors.

The Times understands that a number of clubs are looking at ways to minimise the loss of home advantage if games were to be played without any fans watching at their scheduled grounds, rather than at neutral venues, which remains a possibility. Clubs have also looked into covering the swathes of empty seats that would be visible to broadcasters."

My opinion on this is: please dont.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Perhaps we could play the fake crowd noise on 80 minutes AFTER a crowd is allowed in the stadium.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I had assumed the TV companies would look to add a crowd a long track, of sorts.

Not sure in-stadium crowd sounds, as described, would help the home side.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Just read this in the Telegraph too. Really hope not.

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
Complete with "You dirty Northern b#@st@rd$", and "" The referee's a w&nker", I hope.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/clubs-looking-at-fake-crowd-noise-behind-closed-doors-dlclp3mm5

Cant read the full article because its behind a paywall but heres the opening part:
"Brighton & Hove Albion are one of a number of Premier League clubs that have discussed playing artificial crowd noise to generate an atmosphere should the football season resume behind closed doors.

The Times understands that a number of clubs are looking at ways to minimise the loss of home advantage if games were to be played without any fans watching at their scheduled grounds, rather than at neutral venues, which remains a possibility. Clubs have also looked into covering the swathes of empty seats that would be visible to broadcasters."

My opinion on this is: please dont.

You are welcome to opinion, but it’s got **** all to do with you!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
tenor (20).gif

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

I've been scouring YouTube for anything near to experiencing the Amex atmosphere, this is all I could find.
Perhaps it could be bettered :lol:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Why do we just have the sound of clackers ?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I had assumed the TV companies would look to add a crowd a long track, of sorts.

Not sure in-stadium crowd sounds, as described, would help the home side.

I’m not so sure about that.

For example, you’re Glenn Murray and you’ve just scored against one of the big six; wouldn’t you want ‘there’s only one Glenn Murray’ bellowing our across the Amex as the opposition lines up to restart the game? I know as a viewer, I’d like that ringing out of my TV.

If the material exists I think a DJ mixing pre-recorded fans songs, chants and gasps etc could work. I remember just how dull the recent England ‘behind closed doors’ game was, without the atmosphere, it felt like a friendly.

In addition, the big screens could show revolving images of fans at home supporting the side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here