Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal players are set to be the first in the PL to agree to a pay cut

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Arsenal players are set to be the first in the Premier League to agree to a pay cut after being offered Champions League qualification incentives.

The Gunners players will take a 12.5% wage cut but be reimbursed if they qualify for next season's Champions League or the 2021-22 competition.

They will get a £100,000 bonus for reaching next year's Champions League.

They will each reportedly earn £500,000 for winning the 2021 Champions League or £100,000 for the Europa League.

MORE >>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52322495

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Where's the money going?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Arsenal players are set to be the first in the Premier League to agree to a pay cut after being offered Champions League qualification incentives.

The Gunners players will take a 12.5% wage cut but be reimbursed if they qualify for next season's Champions League or the 2021-22 competition.

They will get a £100,000 bonus for reaching next year's Champions League.

They will each reportedly earn £500,000 for winning the 2021 Champions League or £100,000 for the Europa League.

MORE >>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52322495

Er, West Ham and Southampton?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
They were described as "deferrals' not "cuts" I believe. Semantics, possibly. I was only copying and pasting from the BBC anyway!

Everybody's bjg on 'deferrals' nowadays, including the Albion. They'll all want their contracted money paid at some point tho eh?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
And why the attached 'incentives'? Wankers :tosser:

Because in the grand scheme of things its piss all.

They aren't going to win the CL, doubt they'll even qualify.

Chance I guess in the micky mouse one but 100k is a couple of days work for the likes of Ozil. I expect should Arsenal get to a final that all of the players starting would be on more than that a week.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Am I going mad?

In business those that earn the big bucks should be the first to take a cut and they always take the deepest cut.

Most business would say everyone gets say £12,000.

Top Managers / Directors 50% cut above this
Middle Managers 30%
Junior Managers 20%
Staff 10%

Why can't they see this, it's about having enough to live not to buy a f***ing Ferrari

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
They were described as "deferrals' not "cuts" I believe. Semantics, possibly. I was only copying and pasting from the BBC anyway!

Very much not "differed" pay means it's logged and you'll get it when we can afford it "cut" means you've lost it.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Am I going mad?

In business those that earn the big bucks should be the first to take a cut and they always take the deepest cut.

Most business would say everyone gets say £12,000.

Top Managers / Directors 50% cut above this
Middle Managers 30%
Junior Managers 20%
Staff 10%

Why can't they see this, it's about having enough to live not to buy a f***ing Ferrari

But the first to take cuts in English football, and 100% better than the Albion players so far. But agree with your views

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here