Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is the anti lockdown campaign?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I was fundamentally opposed to the original, and I'm vehemently opposed to the 3 week extension. Where is the campaign to voice the objections of sensible free-thinking people to these draconian regulations? Or is the entire population meekly following along like a flock of scared sheep? If this is allowed to continue unopposed I can see the scenario in a few years time when there's flu virus and the government says "let's have another lockdown. It's easy. No one objected last time". What should have happened was that the elderly and at-risk should have self-isolated and the rest of us continued with our lives as close to normal as is possible. Instead of that the entire population is being virtually imprisoned, and not a bleat of complaint from anyone.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It's pure coincidence that my view about needing a lockdown coincides with the government.

It probably won't be the case for the next flu outbreak.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
it'll be coming soon, once europe starts to relax and US, the media will be expecting us to do so to and demand a date its all over.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
It will come. Another few weeks and people will start to post their objections politely, and from there it will grow. Sensible governments know this and will already have plans to appease the public.

My worry is the talk of an ‘app’ working almost as a license. If you have the app you can go here and there, if you refuse the app you remain in lockdown. I will go along with it as will most who want to obtain their ‘freedom’. Do I trust governments to take the tracking capability away in the long term? No chance. It is far, far easier to govern when you can control people.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
We needed breathing space to take stock and get the NHS ready. I supported the initial 3-week lockdown and I think another 3 weeks sounds about right.

But this can’t go on forever. We can’t crash our economy for this. It’ll just cause a lot more suffering.

Unless a vaccine or a guaranteed method to reduce its severity (an existing drug or blood transfusions) is just a few months away then we’re going to just have to start trying to find ways of living with it rather than hiding from it.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
All the time the numbers come out showing it is the older generations and the already unwell that are dying the push back from younger generations will grow.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It seems to me that at last, after all this time the penny has finally dropped and even the thickest of the thickos are now taking this seriously.
People are trying their hardest to stay apart, even in supermarkets.
There are of course still quite a few ignorant bell ends who are out when they shouldn't be or working when they shouldn't be, but they are just the skid mark in the pants of life.
Then you have Goldstone.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It seems to me that at last, after all this time the penny has finally dropped and even the thickest of the thickos are now taking this seriously.
People are trying their hardest to stay apart, even in supermarkets.
There are of course still quite a few ignorant bell ends who are out when they shouldn't be or working when they shouldn't be, but they are just the skid mark in the pants of life.
Then you have Goldstone.

He's just keeping up his record of getting absolutely everything ever completely and utterly wrong. It's a talent.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Michigan.

[TWEET]1250477451307823106[/TWEET]

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
WhatsApp Image 2020-04-16 at 11.25.28.jpeg

Look like a great bunch of lads.