Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Dentist Brighton Please?

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
My daughter who is an adult has terrible toothache and she lives in Brighton. Season ticket holder etc. However, been on the phone constantly and cannot find any dentist who is working at present and can do a filling. It seems none has PPE. All she has managed so far is to get some antibiotics. Can anyone help on NSC please. The pain is wearing her down.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Cant help you unfortunately but to gargle (or rather "swish" it around in the mouth) water with salt in it saved my fkcing life a while ago when I had tooth ache

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
She may struggle. So the key thing is to get prescription painkillers first.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
My daughter who is an adult has terrible toothache and she lives in Brighton. Season ticket holder etc. However, been on the phone constantly and cannot find any dentist who is working at present and can do a filling. It seems none has PPE. All she has managed so far is to get some antibiotics. Can anyone help on NSC please. The pain is wearing her down.

Has she lost a filling? There are some great temporary filling kits that you can get from a chemist. This has helped me in the past.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Thank you all for your help. Yes she bought a temporary filling kit and it fell out. The Lewes one is not working and 911 have given her dead ends. Thanks everybody . I think she has to go back to 911 again.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Thank you all for your help. Yes she bought a temporary filling kit and it fell out. The Lewes one is not working and 911 have given her dead ends. Thanks everybody . I think she has to go back to 911 again.

There are a few types of kit and I had exactly the same problem with a filling coming out with one, it was a white stick where you broke a piece off and moulded it. Absolute rubbish but there is a cement kit which is brilliant, you put a couple of drops of water on the cement, mix and apply. I had a filling that lasted over a month before I got to see a dentist.

tubby

Aug 15, 2008
My dentist (Sussex Dental Group in Portslade village) is doing emergency work only.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I’ve recently had similar issues, could be an abscess that require anti biotechs that a dentist will prescribe, definitely gargle with salt, cosine for the pain and the expensive mouth wash can’t think of it’s name, begins with C from pharmacy or super market helped me, she has my sympathy

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I've had toothache for the last 3 weeks. The other useful tip, my dentist passed on, is to clean teeth with toothpaste but not rinse. Can concur also that mouthwashes (commercial) and the simple water + salt also help a lot. It comes and goes. Luckily Ok at moment and not gulping down painkillers like a packet Haribo.. Toothache really is the worst pain. you have my sympathy .

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I’ve recently had similar issues, could be an abscess that require anti biotechs that a dentist will prescribe, definitely gargle with salt, cosine for the pain and the expensive mouth wash can’t think of it’s name, begins with C from pharmacy or super market helped me, she has my sympathy

Is it Corsodyl?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I've had toothache for the last 3 weeks. The other useful tip, my dentist passed on, is to clean teeth with toothpaste but not rinse. Can concur also that mouthwashes (commercial) and the simple water + salt also help a lot. It comes and goes. Luckily Ok at moment and not gulping down painkillers like a packet Haribo.. Toothache really is the worst pain. you have my sympathy .

I got an abscess on the tooth beside the one I had just had root canal and a crown on two days later. Absolute ******* and one side of my face swelled up making me look like the Elephant man. Absolute agony for three days before the antibiotics kicked in. No pain like tooth pain. This was a month after cataract surgery resulted in retinal tears a week later. This was March last year....then a year later Coronavirus and lockdown. Not looking forward to next March!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I got an abscess on the tooth beside the one I had just had root canal and a crown on two days later. Absolute ******* and one side of my face swelled up making me look like the Elephant man. Absolute agony for three days before the antibiotics kicked in. No pain like tooth pain. This was a month after cataract surgery resulted in retinal tears a week later. This was March last year....then a year later Coronavirus and lockdown. Not looking forward to next March!

Back pain?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here