Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season Tickets

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Just heard from someone who has got a ST and was 4900 something on waiting list. Assume means many have lost interest or want to be sure of the PL

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Know someone that was in a higher position in the queue and got offered but turned it down due concerns over his employment/ability to afford it given the current situation. Got to be quite a few people in a similar predicament money-wise so passing up the chance of a season ticket.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I get the chance next Tuesday (6600ish?). I'm led to believe that I should be able to get one in the Upper East at £770 (£40 a game).

I'm debating whether to shell out for it. My main concern is that when we do start watching again at the Amex, do I want to expose myself to the virus if I've previously had a lung problem?
If I don't take the season ticket now, when will I get the chance again?
There's also a part of me that wants to support Tony Bloom (I'm lucky enough to be able to afford £770), but my wife might not feel quite the same way.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maybe they signed up to a single ticket is a less than desirable spot.

I'd imagine that alone would instantly remove a few thousand from the list.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Someone I know was on the waiting list for two years and managed to get a ticket last week in WSU.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Was on the waiting list for 2 years (started at 7k)

Was in the early 4,000 last Tuesday and managed to get a pair in the north relatively easy.

At the time, on average there was 30-40 seats available in each block around the ground

Time to cancel the MyAlbion+ now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Can't help that there is all the uncertainty over everything at the moment, and that we are currently in the never ending season.

Jul 7, 2003
With so many people who have lost jobs or been furloughed with an uncertain future, shelling out on a season ticket may not be the highest priority on people's financial planning. Given others have said how easy it has been recently to get tickets on a match by match basis it's probably a gamble many thing worth taking in the circumstances.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Well 90% ish renewed didn’t they ?

So there is always circa 2.5k available every year isn’t there ? I’d just imagine this season there hasn’t been a lot of people on the waiting list taking up the opportunity with all the uncertainty around personal finances and the game itself

I get the chance next Tuesday (6600ish?). I'm led to believe that I should be able to get one in the Upper East at £770 (£40 a game).

I'm debating whether to shell out for it. My main concern is that when we do start watching again at the Amex, do I want to expose myself to the virus if I've previously had a lung problem?
If I don't take the season ticket now, when will I get the chance again?
There's also a part of me that wants to support Tony Bloom (I'm lucky enough to be able to afford £770), but my wife might not feel quite the same way.

As I understand it, if you get offered a ST you have the option to defer it for a year and you'll get offered one again next seaso. Only one year deferral though, which seems fair enough to me.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
My father in law put himself on the waiting list in December 2018 and expected to wait a good few years before he could get one. He bagged one last Thursday in the WSU almost directly in front of me. Chuffed.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
This probably isnt the best summer to judge exactly how the waiting list scenario is going & how much appetite there is to buy a season ticket, too much uncertainty at the moment & football rightly so taking a back seat.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
My father in law put himself on the waiting list in December 2018 and expected to wait a good few years before he could get one. He bagged one last Thursday in the WSU almost directly in front of me. Chuffed.

A couple of our friends have just got two tickets together after a similar waiting time.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
There must have been a fair few requests to cancel existing ST's gone in as well over the last few weeks.

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
Me and my son could get ours now - but have to wait until next Thursday so that we can get the father in law sitting with us. He is further down the list so hopefully we will be lucky!
Other son doesn't want to go any more - I asked supporter services to swap his position or details with that of my father in law and they told me - NO!

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I would like it of the boring, fair weather fans, who give up tickets, are replaced by the more loyal ones.

I still get flashbacks about the East Stand (shudder)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here