Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The hardest thing about CV ...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
... is that our poor dog doesn't understand.

Mrs G and I are both too unwell to walk the dog and she can't clearly can't understand why she's not getting her daily walks.

I'll be glad to get out there again and seeing her run.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
... is that our poor dog doesn't understand.

Mrs G and I are both too unwell to walk the dog and she can't clearly can't understand why she's not getting her daily walks.

I'll be glad to get out there again and seeing her run.

It's little things that get you. My daughter recently moved back to Kent with her partner and 3 year old. We were just getting used to seeing them regularly when this shit storm happened. Now we see him a couple of times a week, when my daughter goes out for her exercise, we have a chat out of our upstairs window and drop him an ice lolly!
Like your dog, he doesn't understand why things are this way - it's heartbreaking that he can't come in for a bath at Grandads...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's little things that get you. My daughter recently moved back to Kent with her partner and 3 year old. We were just getting used to seeing them regularly when this shit storm happened. Now we see him a couple of times a week, when my daughter goes out for her exercise, we have a chat out of our upstairs window and drop him an ice lolly!
Like your dog, he doesn't understand why things are this way - it's heartbreaking that he can't come in for a bath at Grandads...

It IS the little things.

Obviously, when I say "hardest thing" it's different for the poor sods who have lost a family member but I meant the hardest things in everyday life, like seeing your grandson.

Fortunately, I'll be able to take my dog out soon but it may be some weeks before your grandson can bath at grandad's again. Our life has changed in so many ways but it's the ones who don't understand (like kids and animals) that I feel sorriest for.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Wondering (on a daily basis) if friends/family etc. are coping mentally, physically, financially without wanting to pester them with texts/emails etc.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
All of it. Little things, big things, worrying about people I know, people I don't - all of it.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
To somebody like myself who lives alone, the biggest problem is the loneliness. To receive a phone call and have a chat is very uplifting. I do make calls to friends who I know to be in the same position and they always seem grateful for the attention. So a plea to those who can, phone a friend or acquaintance and lift their spirits.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
To somebody like myself who lives alone, the biggest problem is the loneliness. To receive a phone call and have a chat is very uplifting. I do make calls to friends who I know to be in the same position and they always seem grateful for the attention. So a plea to those who can, phone a friend or acquaintance and lift their spirits.

+1, and I have sort of a phobia against speaking on the phone. I havent heard a familiar voice in a month now (or tomorrow to be exact). Last night the Iranian guy who got the small cornershop where I buy cigarettes asked me if I wanted to stay for a joint and a chat, as he was about to close the store. Was a very nice 30 minutes.

But indeed the loneliness is becoming a bit rough to deal with. I was thinking about going to a party last weekend but ultimately decided not to. Think I'm going tomorrow though.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
It's a Groundhog Day thing for me.

My other half is a key worker and they've just started having their first confirmed cases where she works. So every day when I wake up and I'm not feeling any symptoms is brilliant and I sort of forget about things. But as the day goes on it creeps back in and I know that the countdown starts again tomorrow, if that makes sense.

The effect is that I'm having a hard time seeing past tomorrow. All I want is to get through each day, and wake up the next without feeling symptoms. And I don't know if that's going to be an enjoyable way to live for the next few months or more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here