Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] How long can You go on?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
My work has now totally dried up,even though I have loads of Purchase Orders etc. I simply can't get out there to do it.

I can survive financially the next 2 months, can't see it past that.

How about the rest of NSC?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I'm one of the lucky ones who has a few bob in the bank. Not enough to retire on, but as long as I'm furloughed, I can still eat and drink

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
My work has now totally dried up,even though I have loads of Purchase Orders etc. I simply can't get out there to do it.

I can survive financially the next 2 months, can't see it past that.

How about the rest of NSC?

2 months will be about where a large number of people are. At the moment there is near universal support for the lockdown, When bank accounts have been completely depleted and overdrafts are close to being used up then, the government will have a job on it's hands to keep the public onside

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Luckily the arm of the firm I work for is good for the time being - our clients are still active and only one has paused work. It'll depend on how long the lockdown takes as to whether it'll stay like that. Also depending on what happens with the parent company.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The extent of this furloughing will be pretty much dependent upon how much is left in the Govt piggy bank.

There hasn't been anything in the piggy bank for decades. It's about how much more they choose to borrow. Which will be "a **** of a lot".

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
As things stand, my job will be gone on May 15th.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
There hasn't been anything in the piggy bank for decades. It's about how much more they choose to borrow. Which will be "a **** of a lot".

The number crunchers will be tapping away frantically, finding that spot where we just cannot go on lobbing out whilst the economy drips back into work.

As has been said, gonna be a pretty tidy tab to pick up.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Pretty sure that the pressures on the economy will override any residual health care considerations after another 3 weeks of lockdown. Might all have to wear (BHAFC branded?) facemasks for a while tho

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Pretty sure that the pressures on the economy will override any residual health care considerations after another 3 weeks of lockdown. Might all have to wear (BHAFC branded?) facemasks for a while tho

This face mask stuff is certainly coming more to the fore ...government advice moved a tad earlier in the week ..one of my customers had one on yesterday and what with work distancing I couldn’t hear a word she said

Jul 7, 2003
The extent of this furloughing will be pretty much dependent upon how much is left in the Govt piggy bank.

As they have said work is to start on the vanity project that is HS2 they must have plenty of money to burn...

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
At the moment, one of the lucky ones on furlough. Got paid today - as expected, it isn't a nett drop of 20% as you pay less tax and I actually had the same amount in the current account as if I had been paid in full due to not being able to go out and spend over the last few weeks. Also lucky my company had enough in the bank to pay the payroll this month before they get the money from HMG. Fully appreciate I am one of the lucky ones although I am not sure how long the company could survive if this continues for months.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm on the 80%, fortunately due to two divorces and two redundancies I have my own place and no rent or debts and some cash. I'm not sure if my job will be still there afterwards as my company gets most of its income from older customers...who sadly, may be considerably less in number when this is over. So, I may have to do something even more menial and even more badly paid than the job I am doing now. However, money isn't everything, it's a beautiful world out there and I hope to live to see some more of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here