Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Some media tart called Kieran Maguire on Albion Unlimited

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
I get the feeling he's a bit Marmite on here is he?

I for one love the price of football podcast (I started listening to it on the bus to Palace away this season and am now hooked!) my only fault with it is he doesn’t talk about the Albion much on there. (Kevin Day always seems to talk about his club) I even like Kevin Day as he sees football from a similar place that I do.

As a result I'd been thinking a lot about how I’d love Kieran Maguire’s opinion on how it's all run down at the AMEX. The subject matter on Albion Unlimited was music to my ears! It’s a good listen my only criticism is that I wish JC would ask more probing/controversial questions about the Albion but then I suppose he might lose the good will of the club if he did that. I would love to have a chat with Kieran Maguire off the record as I can imagine for all the interesting stories he can tell on podcasts, news and Radio there are far juicer ones that (for legal reasons) he can’t!

I enjoy Kieran Maguire’s take on it all and he speaks very well about a subject the media can’t get enough of. If that makes him a media tart then so be it. I’m sure he’s been called worse in a Blackpool night club.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
on this weeks show....might be worth a listen ...available as a podcast etc

He was also quoted on the BBC Sports website on the Newcastle takeover and managed to take a good swipe at Mike Ashley. Stupidly the DULLARD failed to take a dig at Palace.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I for one love the price of football podcast (I started listening to it on the bus to Palace away this season and am now hooked!) my only fault with it is he doesn’t talk about the Albion much on there. (Kevin Day always seems to talk about his club) I even like Kevin Day as he sees football from a similar place that I do.

As a result I'd been thinking a lot about how I’d love Kieran Maguire’s opinion on how it's all run down at the AMEX. The subject matter on Albion Unlimited was music to my ears! It’s a good listen my only criticism is that I wish JC would ask more probing/controversial questions about the Albion but then I suppose he might lose the good will of the club if he did that. I would love to have a chat with Kieran Maguire off the record as I can imagine for all the interesting stories he can tell on podcasts, news and Radio there are far juicer ones that (for legal reasons) he can’t!

I enjoy Kieran Maguire’s take on it all and he speaks very well about a subject the media can’t get enough of. If that makes him a media tart then so be it. I’m sure he’s been called worse in a Blackpool night club.

Not for me ...and anything Albion related i lap up

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I believe the accurate terminology is “vintage German cinematography”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

You couldn't be further from the truth. He is respected and liked by all on NSC. The 'dullard' comments are a joke (I would guess starting from something posted by Ernest before I put him on ignore). The 'media whore' thing is also a joke - he's a joy to listen to on the radio, especially when he slips in his hilarious slights directed at some of our rivals, all delivered deadpan. His academic publications contain hidden slights about Palace and others. He is also a regular poster on NSC under his nom de plume.....

Edit: apologies, it seems that in my haste to reply, I may have nipped in the bud the scope for a bit of low comedy at [MENTION=34013]Alba Badger[/MENTION]'s expense. :moo:

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I am unsure why, in these troubled times, radio stations get him on to talk about football finances, when his best story involves taking a huge dump in a recently built but not completed university building. Not only had the up-until-then pristine and untouched lavatory block not been connected to the water supply, there was there was no paper available either, necessitating a bow-legged waddle upon leaving the cubicle.

This is what 5 Live listeners want to hear.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I attend a lot of away games with him and confirm that the man is interminably DULL*.

* Apart from when he isn't, when he's a joy to be with. Which is pretty much all the time. The rest of the time though? DULL.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
You couldn't be further from the truth. He is respected and liked by all on NSC. The 'dullard' comments are a joke (I would guess starting from something posted by Ernest before I put him on ignore). The 'media whore' thing is also a joke - he's a joy to listen to on the radio, especially when he slips in his hilarious slights directed at some of our rivals, all delivered deadpan. His academic publications contain hidden slights about Palace and others. He is also a regular poster on NSC under his nom de plume.....

Edit: apologies, it seems that in my haste to reply, I may have nipped in the bud the scope for a bit of low comedy at [MENTION=34013]Alba Badger[/MENTION]'s expense. :moo:

Ahhhhh! that makes more sense, I did wonder why there seemed to be so much negativity. Oh I am glad!

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
I’ve heard from a sauce that most people only tolerate him cos they like his missus.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You couldn't be further from the truth. He is respected and liked by all on NSC. The 'dullard' comments are a joke (I would guess starting from something posted by Ernest before I put him on ignore). The 'media whore' thing is also a joke - he's a joy to listen to on the radio, especially when he slips in his hilarious slights directed at some of our rivals, all delivered deadpan. His academic publications contain hidden slights about Palace and others. He is also a regular poster on NSC under his various nom de plumes.....

Corrected for you.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Corrected for you.

Ah! How very interesting. I'd missed that. I thought that was Against the Rules ???

:shrug:

Edit - well of course I'm well aware of his second identity, the dinlo, but wasn't aware there are more... :lolol:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
That same sauce told me his missus still isn't aware of his recent(ish) sex change. Not sure what that says about things in his private life but looks like he got massively ripped off.

Or the Russian girlfriend and her folk songs after 'special hugs'?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I liked the clip of him on BBC News with the Brighton books and Brighton Line picture artfully positioned behind him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here