Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Website Swamped

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
This sort of thing really gets on my knockers. I’m not a big fan of Next at the best of times and some of their working practices leave much to be desired, but these absolute lemmings who are onboard with all their catalogue membership crap, I mean really, can you not do without new clothes for a month or two?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52276149

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
We are all locked up so why not get some pleasure buying some clothes. Especially now weather changed

I've certainly been buying all sorts of crap through boredom

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
We are all locked up so why not get some pleasure buying some clothes. Especially now weather changed

People don’t need new clothes, we buy too many as it is, just ask Konni Huq. People who want to look like Mr and Mrs Bland Average (i.e. Next customers) can surely wait until the shops open can’t they? They’re only going to try them on then send them back anyway, thereby clogging up the mail system with utterly needless, unnecessary shite. A work colleague was moaned at by a delivery driver last week for the amount of stuff she was ordering online and he was delivering to her house. To me, and it probably is just me, it’s just wrong priorities.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
This sort of thing really gets on my knockers. I’m not a big fan of Next at the best of times and some of their working practices leave much to be desired, but these absolute lemmings who are onboard with all their catalogue membership crap, I mean really, can you not do without new clothes for a month or two?

Clearly you don't have children.

Coincidentally, the website only reopened to sell children's clothing and "small homewares" (I've no idea what this means). I wonder why that might be... :dunce:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
People don’t need new clothes, we buy too many as it is, just ask Konni Huq. People who want to look like Mr and Mrs Bland Average (i.e. Next customers) can surely wait until the shops open can’t they? They’re only going to try them on then send them back anyway, thereby clogging up the mail system with utterly needless, unnecessary shite. A work colleague was moaned at by a delivery driver last week for the amount of stuff she was ordering online and he was delivering to her house. To me, and it probably is just me, it’s just wrong priorities.

strange , will be thousands of unemployed who would probably love that delivery job right now.

I know from my cupboard when the hot weather arrived , I needed loads of new clothes .

Each to their own I guess

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

On line aside, one can go to the Next in High Wycombe, buy clothes, book a Virgin holiday at the on site shop and take in a Costa Coffee inside, on the way out.
Bargain :thumbsup:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

I have found some boredom can be relieved by counting the number of times i have re-used the same pants by turning them inside out and backwards multiple times.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

It's not the only website you can't instantly access these days - Morrison's website puts you in a queue. They're not the only one either, B&Q do too - and I've no doubt there are others.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I stopped buying from them as the quality was awful. Admittedly dragging me all the way to Leicester to interview for a contract then telling me they didn't want me because I lived too far away didn't exactly put them back in my good books.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
My misses said to me that there is a lot less washing to do for me since lockdown... Same t shirt, same trackies and boxers and socks :whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here