Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] How is your shed ?

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
My fishing gear is nicely divided in tackle boxes between sea, lakes and river stuff now and my screws and fixing are in a fair order.. ironmongery still needs a bit of work as does plumbing bits but stains and varnish’s have been put to good use on garden furniture. ... bikes in terrible state tho,

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Mine is a nice 10’ x 6” but around 1/3 of it is repaired - bits of wall and floor - over the years. Now the roof has gone after several felt recoverings. Leaked badly with all the rain we had this winter and soaked lots of stuff and created more damage in rafters and floor.. Was about to get it replaced when coronavirus stopped the world in its tracks. Hope to get it done in a couple of months time.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Mine is a nice 10’ x 6” but around 1/3 of it is repaired - bits of wall and floor - over the years. Now the roof has gone after several felt recoverings. Leaked badly with all the rain we had this winter and soaked lots of stuff and created more damage in rafters and floor.. Was about to get it replaced when coronavirus stopped the world in its tracks. Hope to get it done in a couple of months time.

We have a similar size wooden shed up allotment.
Recent wind has mullered one sheet of felt, now repaired.
New lick of wood preserve will see it through a couple more years.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I am very lucky, as the previous owner of my house was a carpenter, and he built a large sturdy shed with a slate roof.
, and a log store tacked on the end.
I have spent the last couple of days putting up extra shelves and reorganising my tools etc.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
In the last couple of weeks I have smartened the place up. I have painted the floor with special paint, all the walls are nice and bright white and most things are sorted out. Its looking great.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I bloody well like a good shed I really do. Got a fridge and a freezer in mine.

Tiptoe through the NSC

Sep 13, 2017
St. Leonards-on-Sea
Tidier than it has been for a while with spuds chitting and dwarf beans in trays. You can tell there's no sport on as the clockwork radio still has it's winter cobwebs. Only significant improvement during the lockdown is newly installed guttering and water butt. Thanks for asking, though.

Jul 7, 2003
Full of crap that Mrs DCH has piled in over the years. Can’t even get in the door. Will take a few more weeks of lockdown before that gets anywhere near my to do list. Maybe even getting the outside bog working again is higher on the list.

Are skip companies still operating at the moment?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Chaotic.

A wide array of tools, fixings and garden stuff spread between a garage, old playhouse and a summerhouse. Leading to mix-ups in buying tools and fixings I already had.

My plan to have a large-ish workshop build, with everything place.

D

Deleted member 2719

My shed is one of the best places to be on this planet, just wished If i could remove four cycles and a pile of kids toys, toys then it would be heaven.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I bloody well like a good shed I really do. Got a fridge and a freezer in mine.

Yes, agreed. the old owner used it as his dark room, and so our shed is actually quite upmarket, We have used the self isolation period to smarten it up, as I imagine many others have done with so much unexpected free time.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Tidied up to the eyeballs, a packed freezer and a busy tumble dryer. Disappointingly, not entirely moisture proof although no leaks. So the best piece of kit in there is a small dehumidifier which keeps the air fairly dry all year round and provides a water supply for the iron!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here