Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Another sad death from coronavirus.

Loved the Goodies as a kid.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Great in the Goodies. A integral part of many of our childhoods, and in a lot of ways ahead of its time.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Very sad news. I’m a huge Goodies fan and Tim always seemed like a decent guy.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Great in the Goodies. A integral part of many of our childhoods, and in a lot of ways ahead of its time.

And so wonderfully of its time, too. If anyone wants to know what the Seventies was like culturally and socially, there’s a Goodies episode that parodies it.

Glam, punk, disco, UFOs, politics, royalty, women’s lib, race relations, football hooliganism, unemployment, mechanisation, the class war... It’s all there.

Jul 7, 2003
Saw him as part of the ISIHAC live show back in January and he wasn't looking as spritely as normal - even allowing for the fact that he was 79. Will miss his singing on ISIHAC - his version of Wrecking Ball is legendary but I can't find that on youtube so this will have to do. RIP Tim, Say hello to Humph.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Must not forget his influence on Python too. Some of the earlier sketches were adopted from his works. He was part of the Footlights group. So a trailblazer for the new wave of satirical comedy that has stayed with us.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
RIP Tim, not many of the old school panel game/scriptwriters left now sadly. …. been a bad day so far. :facepalm:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
And so wonderfully of its time, too. If anyone wants to know what the Seventies was like culturally and socially, there’s a Goodies episode that parodies it.

Glam, punk, disco, UFOs, politics, royalty, women’s lib, race relations, football hooliganism, unemployment, mechanisation, the class war... It’s all there.

And kittens.. don’t forget kittens.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
And kittens.. don’t forget kittens.

F24DA46F-56E8-4B69-989B-B7FF24D89F8E.gif

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Very sad news but for me not so much a loss for the Goodies as I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue and I'm Sorry I'll Read that Again before them. RIP Lady Costance !!

My name is Angus Prune,
And this is my tune,
And it’s I’m sorry I’ll read that again.

Required listening when I was a kid in Worthing in the mid sixties - bill Oddie, John Cleese, Graeme Garden.....

My name is Angus Prune,
And this is my tune,

Required listening when I was a kid in Worthing in the mid sixties - bill Oddie, John Cleese, Graeme Garden.....

Same here ".....what is that terrible, foul smelling creature emerging from the swamp with its hideous face and terrible teeth......". - not sure how to spell the Lady Constance sound :)

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
My name is Angus Prune,
And this is my tune,

I sit in my bath and I have a good laugh.

Will the aardvarks ever reach the summit of Mount Panama ? (A line I have had stuck in my brain since about 1967)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here