Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] These £60 fines for breaching CV19 instructions

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Utterly pointless.

I’d like to see a minimum of £5000 for a first offence, with the power to seize goods if they can’t pay. No excuse for house parties and back garden bbqs. It’s not ****ing difficult to understand what’s required. And just to be clear, it would be £5k for the ‘host’ and £5k for everyone present who doesn’t live at that address.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It depends. A house party is a conscious and deliberate attempt to break the lockdown. There may be an argument there. Someone sitting in a park at a safe distance and posing no threat to health is in no way worthy of such a punishment.

That is why the police are talking of a sensible approach. I'm fine with what they are doing. It's less about the law and more about the actual risk someone is presenting. We don't want to go down the totalitarian route.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Well, of course the police have the power of discretion and can ask people to move on. That wouldn’t change. But how is a sixty quid fine a disincentive to the idiots who want to hold a house party?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Up to €2500 or 6 months in the clink here, but it has to go to court - there is an advantage to having a lower fixed penalty with limited appeal procedures for some cases.

Courts have prioritised locking up people coughing/spitting/biting(!) front line workers with people generally getting 8-12 week prison terms within days of it happening.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Up to €2500 or 6 months in the clink here, but it has to go to court - there is an advantage to having a lower fixed penalty with limited appeal procedures for some cases.

Courts have prioritised locking up people coughing/spitting/biting(!) front line workers with people generally getting 8-12 week prison terms within days of it happening.

Eight months recently for this dickhead

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...eds-52205303&usg=AOvVaw0iy4hTWFLuEMzZCbIYlSnf

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Whatever they do, as long as I get the chance to point my finger at them highlighting how well I have stayed within incubation rules and what a respectable hero I am for this community in times like this, then bring them on I say.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I would give them community service for six months - digging the graves of the dead.

Only if they are pitch-forked into the last one they dig.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
How thick must they be to behave in such a way in a time of national and international crisis?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Poland's fines are a lot steeper than the Irish

https://www.politico.eu/article/poland-declares-coronavirus-epidemic/

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Spitting’s become the covid19 weapon of choice for the scum of society.

The police faced that quite a bit anyway.

When this is all done and dusted, with public heath in the spotlight, spitting at emergency workers should be a mandatory custodial sentence, no ifs or buts.

:clap2:

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
€600 here in Spain. BTW we have had proper lockdown. None of this allowed out for an hours exercise, stay at home. You can walk your dog around the block, that's it.
A friend of mine ventured a little too far with his dog and was sent back home. As he said, "you don't argue with a man with a gun!"
Figures in Spain are going down. Hallelujah!

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Our lock down is pathetic I witnessed groups Lycra clad cyclists out in groups of four or more in the last couple of days, these wankers think the law doesn’t apply to them. Do some policing work plod it’s easy to move on a singular sunbather in a park who’s enjoying a bit of sun for a couple of hours.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

what a **** of a thing.......there is footage emerging of a load of black americans on a jetstar flight......one man is asked to turn his device off ...he refuses he is then told he will be removed from the plane ....he threatens the female flight attendant then spits in her face , she slaps him he then knocks her out.......it's all pretty disgusting and all the repetitive shit coming from the American people ...looks like a group of 8 or so on board......just goes to show that even though we are "apparently" facing the greatest peril to the human racer the last 100 years that there are still plenty of absolute fukwhitts out there who really don't give a shit about anyone but themselves,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here