Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Likely to be another year before (normal) football returns...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No, that's one 'expert' view. Others suggest we could be saying '**** it we're all gonna die anyway' and things will be back to normal this summer.

I'm beginning to think Michael Gove was right.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I would think that large gatherings will be the very last thing to be re-introduced, so when lock down measures start getting relaxed (and, I can't see that happening for a while) we will still be a long, long way from the Amex :down:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's the expert feeling before any large gatherings so amex may not see a full house for a long time yet!!

How do you define 'normal'?

If 'normal' including, goals, clean sheets and wins, Shirley the Albion can restart tomorrow?

... come on people, we kid because we love.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I suppose until a vaccine is widely available is proven then that's it.

Unless there is a dramatic reversal in the infection trajectory of this virus no government will dare to re-introduce a complete return to normal functioning until a cure has been developed, properly and rigorously tested, produced in industrial numbers and vaccination of populations has commenced. By which time another animal carrying another different virus will have been consumed by humans in an unregulated asian market somewhere in the far east setting the whole thing back in train again. But at least we will have learned the lessons from this time and will be much better prepared to tackle the next virus......won't we???

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
My money’s on it being back by September.

This is pure speculation, of course. Which expert’s opinion is the source of this thread, by the way?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
That's the expert feeling before any large gatherings so amex may not see a full house for a long time yet!!
Can they not let like 2000 fans at a time sit around the ground

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

SeagullSarge

Jul 8, 2012
My money’s on it being back by September.

This is pure speculation, of course. Which expert’s opinion is the source of this thread, by the way?

This is in the Daily Mail, just seen it pop up on my Apple News. The amount of disinformation and scaremongering that paper puts out is immoral. To be honest all the media outlets are getting as bad as each other at the moment, publishing breaking news from ‘experts’ only for it to be contradicted the next day by another ‘expert’! Why they cannot report on fact rather than opinion I do not know.

SeagullSarge

Jul 8, 2012
Perhaps not an expert then...just government officials!! And at least 18 months so forget any unrestricted football until 2022

It’s a ‘Senior Government Source’ who informed the Daily Mail, whatever that mean!! Only the other day the DM was reporting lockdown would be started to ease from May!

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
This is in the Daily Mail, just seen it pop up on my Apple News. The amount of disinformation and scaremongering that paper puts out is immoral. To be honest all the media outlets are getting as bad as each other at the moment, publishing breaking news from ‘experts’ only for it to be contradicted the next day by another ‘expert’! Why they cannot report on fact rather than opinion I do not know.

I've (almost) stopped looking at the news. Once a day only, and only 10 minutes or so. Can't think of any paper that has reported events in a calm, balanced way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here