Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Much of that reads like I ghost wrote it :lolol:

Very frank, I admire his honesty.

He is consistent in training. The key is getting more match time to achieve the consistency on a matchday.
He alluded to what I think has held him back.

When we were finally allowed to talk about what he brings as a footballer I blindly stumbled into the thought process that's he's just too one dimensional.
Worst still is his one dimension really doesn't fit in with Potterball.

Not only does GPott not want wingers.
He also doesn't want his wide men getting the ball on the touchline and heading straight for the penalty spot.

I just don't think Ali is 'total football' enough to be starting XI week in week out.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

When we were finally allowed to talk about what he brings as a footballer I blindly stumbled into the thought process that's he's just too one dimensional.

He also doesn't want his wide men getting the ball on the touchline and heading straight for the penalty spot.

I just don't think Ali is 'total football' enough to be starting XI week in week out.

If you are right, then we may miss a big opportunity with him. I think he is class.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If you are right, then we may miss a big opportunity with him. I think he is class.

TBH I doubt I am right, much like everyone else I have no actual knowledge.
As said it's a thought process I stumbled into at the start of the year, but this one, amazingly for me, still has legs 4 months later!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
"But I do like the idea of being able to speak Spanish since there are so many Spanish speaking people wherever you go and also because some of my closest friends in the team like Martin Montoya, Bernardo, and Florin Andone speak it."

So it isn't true that everyone hates Flozza, then ???

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Can I have some of yours? My stash is empty and the guy on the corner says its a drought right now.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

The late chance he laid on for Maupay and his cross for the equaliser against Watford were good examples. No messing, no taking too many touches, just good direct wing play. It may be one dimension but it's a very useful one.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Interesting that he said he was led to expect to be starting against Arsenal.
Also that Tony Bloom had made the effort to go to Holland to speak to him when trying to sign him.
And that Brighton have told him that they don't want to make him available for transfer.

He comes across as an intelligent person with good self-awareness. I do hope he succeeds.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Refreshing to read an interview from a footballer that isn't full of cliches.

Will be interesting to see how much he plays once football restarts.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The late chance he laid on for Maupay and his cross for the equaliser against Watford were good examples. No messing, no taking too many touches, just good direct wing play. It may be one dimension but it's a very useful one.

Low crosses, at pace, sign of quality wing play, the guy is class, and he can shoot.

He also sounds like a model professional. He has made a mug of so many of the NSC “ not even a footballer” posts. We just needed to play to his strengths as an attacking player.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Continues to only say positive things about Brighton and how much he enjoys the club and city:

http://www.persianfootball.com/news...sive-interview-with-alireza-jahanbaksh-audio/

Wow, a great interview. Ali seems intelligent, fair minded, honest and hard working. I hope he gets more chances at Albion. If he leaves I predict he'll be great at a new club. Very good, direct questions from the interviewer, and very frank answers. I wish British soccer interviews could be more like this. Thanks for posting !!

PersianNYer15

Jul 25, 2018
New York/New Jersey
Wow, a great interview. Ali seems intelligent, fair minded, honest and hard working. I hope he gets more chances at Albion. If he leaves I predict he'll be great at a new club. Very good, direct questions from the interviewer, and very frank answers. I wish British soccer interviews could be more like this. Thanks for posting !!

Just as advertised - they don’t make many like him personality wise. He has so much left in the tank to provide Brighton and hopefully when corona is over we will all see it

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Really hope (if we ever play another game) he does well and gets the fruits of his labour and positivity.

Excellent footballer and seemingly nice guy. Seems some small pieces need to fall in to place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here